Contract Law School: Module 2 - Contract Negotiation
This course is tailored for everyone seeking to enhance their professionalism in contract negotiation.
This practical workshop provides much-needed skills and knowledge needed by professionals (including bankers and financiers) to ensure that they gain solid working understanding of the art of negotiation skills.
It covers the principles and techniques critical for effective negotiation, providing skills and tactics needed for successful negotiations, leading to ‘win-win’ solutions and positive outcomes.
Upcoming start dates
24 August, 2023
7 December, 2023
- Hong Kong
Who should attend?
Who should attend:
- All credit and legal executives and managers (frontline and back-room)
- Executives and managers involved with negotiation and documentation of loans
- Executives and managers involved in loan recovery, debt restructuring and litigation processes
- Legal officers and inhouse legal counsels in corporations and businesses
- Legal practitioners
- Executives and managers in corporations and businesses.
Contract Law School: Module 2 - Contract Negotiation (2 days)
- Negotiation Skills, Styles and Tools
- Fundamentals of Negotiations
- Basis of successful negotiations - 3 A’s
- Qualities of a good negotiator
- Negotiation Strategies
- Preparing for negotiation
- Developing the parameters of the negotiation
- Preparing the logistics
- Preparing for the other side
- Negotiation Process
- Exploring positions
- The Opening Stage
- The Exploration Stage
- The Agreement Stage
- Breaking deadlocks
- Concluding the Negotiation
- Negotiating Power and Persuasion
- Negotiating power
- Four steps from power to persuasion
- Legal issues
- Ethics in negotiation
- Factors leading to an unsuccessful negotiation
- Principles for successful constructive negotiations
- Achieving resolution/agreement in contracts
Course delivery details
- In class workshop.
- Lectures, exercises, case-studies, group discussions and presentations, Q&As.
Certification / Credits
By attending this workshop, Participants will:
- Learn the techniques and strategies necessary to negotiate more persuasively and to deal effectively with lawyers, customers and others.
- Enhance their skills in effective negotiation and develop negotiation strategies (including the planning and framing processes; and the handling of the phases of a negotiation).
- Acquire practical skills in navigating conflict situations; and be able to practically apply relevant philosophy and techniques in the negotiation process to resolve conflicts or to reach agreements or settlements.
- This 2-day intensive Workshop, delivered face-to-face, is designed with the principal objective of providing a working understanding of the principles and techniques critical for effective negotiation, and the skills and tactics needed for successful negotiations.
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...