Negotiating to WinAMA - American Management Association
Negotiating to Win
All available course dates
Negotiating to Win
Whether it’s allocating resources for a project, funding a new initiative or establishing a supply chain for a new product or service, negotiation is inevitably at the heart of the process. But few people understand the structure, techniques and approaches available to them as they seek to positively influence an outcome. This hands-on seminar gives you a step-by-step guide to effective negotiation. You must identify the problem, understand it from the other’s perspective, generate alternative solutions and select a solution that benefits both sides. All parties need each other to achieve their goals. Negotiation focuses on solving the problem and closing the gap between what both parties want.
Who should attend?
Those responsible for negotiating the best possible terms of an agreement for their organization.
What is Negotiation?
- The basic concepts of negotiation
- What is negotiable in typical business situations
- Identify approaches to negotiation
- Identify the six stages of negotiation
- Use appropriate behaviors in each of the stages
- Define the influences on the negotiation process
Planning Your Negotiation
- Plan a negotiation
- Determine a settlement range
- Apply the planning framework in practice negotiation
- Apply the persuasion process
- Use the frame/reframe process to understand the other party
- Examine possible approaches to use when there is confrontation
- Use listening skills in the negotiation process
- Explain the four dimensions of DISC and the style tendencies of each
- Describe the characteristics of dual styles and their impact on negotiations
- Describe how to adapt style to maximize the results of negotiations
- Identify why negotiations become derailed and how to avoid negotiation traps
Crafting a Strategy for Your Negotiation
- Plan a strategy to apply your negotiations
- Describe the process of identifying a problem or issue for negotiation
- Identify steps and techniques for choosing appropriate communication methods
- Create and apply a strategy for a business negotiation simulation
- Apply what you’ve learned to plan a negotiation for back on the job
The course is priced as follows: $2445 - Non-members
$2195 - AMA members
$2079 - GSA price
Certification / Credits
- Know when—and when not—to negotiate
- Develop an effective plan and strategy for any negotiation
- Know what behavior to adapt at each stage of the negotiation
- Adjust your communication style to achieve desired results
- Successfully apply the principles of persuasion to any negotiation situation
- Effectively negotiate face-to-face, on the phone or through e-mail and other media
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
New York City
Corporate / Group Training