High Stakes Negotiation
As a leader, you must first and foremost advocate for your team and organization while negotiating even when the stakes are high. Scientific studies of the most popular negotiation strategies including zero sum, win-win, good cop bad cop, have shown that none of these methods wore as well as harnessing perspective taking and emotions to reach optimal solutions while maintaining good relationship with the other party.
This training will help participants identify hone their negotiation skills by exploring various perspectives, listening actively, building rapport, and exercising empathy can help uncover hidden opportunities that lead to successful negotiations. Participants will also learn how to prepare, strategize, persuade, in order to optimize their outcomes and get what they need when it matters most.
In this Course Participants Will Learn:
- Their innate negotiation style (in class Negotiation Style Assessment)
- How to apply theory through exercises and mock negotiations
- How to plan and prepare for a negotiation
- How to win people over without defeating them
- How to negotiate from a "weak" position, and how to gain power
- How to understand and leverage perspective
- How to frame and reframe
- The difference between debate, argumentation, negotiation, and presentation
- How to build trust in a negotiation
- How to ask questions to persuade the other party
- How to assess strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities
- The types of negotiation styles and outcomes
- How to recognize and deal with manipulative negotiators
- How to manage relationships
- The top negotiation "tactics": How to spot them and when to use them
- How to understand and use body language
- Understand emotions and their place in successful negotiation
- Understand the balance of power and types of power in a negotiation
- How to encourage and steer joint problem solving
- How to use tactical empathy
- What it means to be "right" vs. what it means to be "successful"
Lausanne Business Solutions (LBS)
Lausanne Business Solutions (LBS) provides research-based and expert delivered trainings in a variety of strategic employee and leadership development areas. Classes emphasize active-learning and are highly experiential. Our trainings facilitate real behavioral change and deliver increased individual and team performance....
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
2,545 USD-2,645 USD
2,345 USD-2,445 USD