Influential Negotiation: Building Agreements with Others, a 1 Day Workshop
Negotiation is a process of communication during which all parties involved seek to achieve their own best possible result. Generally, as the negotiation process moves through its different phases and more information is clarified, each party is weighing costs and benefits of each course of action. Everyone involved wants to maximize their own benefits and minimize costs. One of the most valuable tools for a negotiator to have is the ability to influence others.
This is where Barnes & Conti Associates’ innovative workshop, Influential Negotiation™ comes in. Participants in this workshop will get real world practice in behaviors used to influence others during a negotiation. These behaviors include, persuading other parties to negotiate, identifying underlying needs, teasing out key information, uncovering all the options, gaining acceptance, and securing the other party’s commitment toward the agreement. Once they have learned these behaviors, participants will study the basic structure of a negotiation, learn how to explore and determine underlying needs, and learn how to choose appropriate tactics that are useful in formal and informal negotiations. At the end of the workshop, the participants will get to work on and receive feedback on a real life negotiation that they are currently engaged in so that they have the confidence and skills necessary to be successful in it.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for information
Inquire for information
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for individuals responsible for working with customers such as:
- Service providers
- Individuals involved in internal negotiation about priorities and resources.
- What is Influential Negotiation? Introduction to key definitions and concepts; identification of real negotiation opportunities for later practice
- Benchmark Exercise - Multiparty negotiation exercise
- Influence Model Overview - Introduction of influence behavior model, analysis and review of benchmark exercise
- Behavioral Skill Practice - Negotiation exercises emphasizing use of influence skills
- Assessment Review - Review of feedback and development of personal learning goals
- Constructive Negotiation Model Overview - Introduction and application of negotiation process model
- Understanding Needs and Options - Presentation and exercises for eliciting needs and developing options to meet them
- Tactical Attitude - Presentation on negotiating tactics and exercises for selecting a tactical approach that is appropriate to the situation
- Managing the Negotiation - Practice in managing the phases of a negotiation
- Planning and Implementing an Influential Negotiation - Introduction to and implementation of a negotiation planning process and practice in conducting influential negotiations.
Contact Barnes & Conti for information on price
Certification / Credits
Participants will develop and practice a variety of influence behaviors, establish clear and powerful influence goals, analyze the process of a negotiation, know the milestones toward achieving agreement, manage the process effectively, create strong, lasting, mutually beneficial agreements that meet the needs of all parties, and build a negotiating relationship for the future.
Contact this provider
Bring Over 30 Years of Expertise to Your Organization with Barnes & Conti Associates
Barnes & Conti Associates believe that a great idea can change the world. That’s why they have spent over 30 years training people in how to have their ideas heard and implemented. They are an organization that excels in leadership...