Building on the foundation tools and skills covered in our Effective Negotiation course, this course will provide you the advanced skills required to get the best possible outcomes when negotiating with internal and external stakeholders. This interactive two-day training course will move you from having knowledge of effective negotiation to being an advanced commercial negotiator.
AGENDA - DAY 1
- Characteristics of successful negotiators
- Understanding market forces and procurement tools
- Negotiation tactics, ploys, and styles
- Stakeholder management
- Objectives and variables
Power in negotiations
- Supplier and buyer power
- Personal power
- Influencing theory and application
- Influencing tools and techniques in NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming
AGENDA - DAY 2
People and behaviours
- Conditioning and anchoring
- Team dynamics and game theory
- Emotional intelligence
- Valid Test – Strategic plan for negotiation
Course delivery details
- Your skills training will comprise of online learning and a tutor-led session.
- Online pre-learning and course materials will be available on the CIPS Learning Mangement System up-to one month ahead of your training session and should be completed before day 1 and day 2.
- The virtual classroom will open 15 minutes before your session.
Certification / Credits
What will I learn?
As part of this course, you will have access to pre and post-work activities online to help you prepare and reflect on your training. You will learn how to create a strategic plan for commercial negotiations. We will explore the techniques and tools used by the best negotiators, using an interactive exercise on persuasion and influence. You will discover the behavioural aspects of negotiation such as emotional intelligence. A team event will allow you to delve into game theory. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge by developing your strategic negotiation plan throughout the two days, with validation from your experienced course tutor.
What are the learning objectives?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basis of effective negotiation
- Prepare a strategic plan for a negotiation
- Analyse the concepts of conditioning, anchoring, persuasion, and influence
- Comprehend the role of team dynamics and game theory in negotiations
- Apply virtual communication techniques
Why choose CIPS?
95% of our students tell us that CIPS qualifications are the standard for the profession
Professionals with MCIPS on average earn 20% more
Average rating 4.5
I was surprised with the first module and with our tutor, who exceeded our expectations by bringing us to reflect on various points of the negotiation process, always comparing ...
It was very good! The tutors quality of delivery, course content and learning environment exceeded requirements.
This experience was 100% above and beyond the first time I took the Master Class training. Mark Faulkner is a phenomenal instructor, explains everything well, stays on track and...
Contact this provider
We are CIPS, the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
A global membership organisation driving positive change across our profession. CIPS are the voice and standard, defining and amplifying best practice across all our worlds. We help build capability within organisations. Diagnosing, troubleshooting and training. We’ll work with your organisation...