Negotiation Skills - Sales Cycle-Management
This course in Negotiation Skills part of a group of Sales Cycle-Management courses from Chart Learning Solutions. These programs are all related to working with customers and specifically designed to help those working in sales build behaviors and skills that will better enable them to work with customers.
In this course, participants will study five units that will teach them essential skills for negotiating with customers. These are:
- Introduction to Negotiating and Strategy
- Planning Effective Negotiations
- Opening Win-Win Discussions
- Exploring Win-Win Alternatives, Price Limits, and Gambits
- Reaching Agreement and Concession Tactics
See the course content section located below for more information about what you will learn in each segment.
This course can be delivered in two formats. Regardless of learning method, participants will be fully supported in their journey by Chart Learning Solutions’ network of partners.
This option includes unlimited access to slide presentations, video lectures, interactive quizzes, and practical exercises. Participants in this course will also become part of a supportive student network.
The blended course options offers a mix of instructor-led and online training. This option is great for those who wish to combine online learning with more traditional classroom instruction.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
These courses are designed for:
- Sales representatives
- IT professionals
- Support staff
Introduction to Negotiating and Strategy
- Opportunities for negotiation
- Optimal conditions for negotiating
- Define negotiation
- The difference between strategy and tactics
- The difference between negotiation and conflict
- Five conflict management strategies
- Two powerful negotiation strategies - collaboration and compromise
- How to give concessions
- Three approaches to compromise
- Two types of negotiation power - personal and currency
- Eight ways to increase personal negotiating power
- Four stages in the negotiation process
Planning Effective Negotiations
- Answer six types of questions before entering negotiations
- Six strategies for increasing your currency power
- Six planning tactics of successful negotiators
- Ten behaviors of effective negotiators
Opening Win-Win Discussions
- Three steps for opening a discussion
- How to build high-trust
- Select appropriate words for building positive relationships
- The pitfalls of positional bargaining
- How to work with collaborative bundled negotiations
- Employ positional bargaining or compromise when negotiating
- Five criteria for high-quality negotiations
- Three levels of the negotiation playing field
Exploring Win-Win Alternatives, Price Limits, and Gambits
- Explore alternatives by implementing eight win-win strategies
- How to determine buyer price limits
- Pinpoint underlying needs
- Ask exploration questions
- Reduce conflict gaps
- Uncover buyer price limits
- Deal with price limitations
- Apply twelve strategies for working defensively with “offensive” buyer gambits
Reaching Agreement and Concession Tactics
- Apply four steps for reaching agreement
- Ten suggestions on working with concessions
- Key components to the agreement
- Test your understanding of prime and alternative currencies
- Understand key negotiation terminology
This course includes interactive tutorials, application activities, game quizzes, and final exams. Participants will complete this course with all of the tools necessary for the transfer of knowledge into behaviors that they can immediately put into action.
Request information using the form below for pricing
Why choose Chart Learning Solutions?
Chart Learning Solutions strives to help organizations and individuals apply the skills in their professional development. This ensures that individuals perform at optimal levels of productivity. Our innovative hybrid learning methodology will:
- Increase team and employee engagement
- Provide employee accountability
- Accelerate positive behavioural changes
- Improve skill competencies and levels of professionalism
- Promote positive cultural change
Average rating 4.8
The course offers a perfect balance to understand the details of negotiation skills.
"The course provided practical strategies for managing conflict and negotiating effectively."
"I feel much more confident in my abilities to negotiate after completing this course."
Contact this provider
Chart Learning Solutions
There's no denying that workplace demands are changing. It is essential that we develop, nurture, and continuously evolve our soft skills to make them the most valuable assets in our companies. Our purpose is to successfully change and enhance the...