Negotiation Basics for Construction Project Managers - In House
This interactive course is designed to provide participants with specific knowledge and techniques to become more effective negotiators in the context of projects in a construction environment. The course introduces concepts and approaches for project managers to analyze their own preferred negotiation styles, to manage conflict and remove obstacles, and to plan effectively for negotiations after identifying the styles, options and interests of the sides involved. It incorporates concepts related to vendor management, dispute resolution, negotiations related to change orders, claims administration and scheduling issues – all tailored to construction-related situations and scenarios.
The course uses an engaging delivery style including lectures, group discussions, and simulated negotiations based on real-life case studies. Participants will spend close to two-thirds of the course engaged in these discussions, activities, conversations, exercises, simulations and debriefs.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is designed for project managers and project team members in construction environments who would like to improve their ability to effectively negotiate through construction-related situations. These include resources issues, objectives, timelines, claims, disputes, delays, change orders and priorities. The course will improve a participant’s ability to effectively lead and handle negotiations with managers, sponsors, team resources, other project managers, vendors, customers and other project stakeholders.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand-alone course.
- Introduction and definitions
- Conflict situations and conflict management
- Power and influence
- Identifying and improving your negotiation style
Negotiation Best Practices
- Planning and preparation
- Problem solving
- Introduction to BATNA
- Collaborative approaches
- Learning how to say no (and still keep your job)
Construction Negotiation Stages
- Before, during and after the negotiation
- Construction negotiation simulation
- Conflicts and issues
- Change orders
- Scheduling issues
- Dispute resolution
Contract Negotiation and Vendor Management
- Tips for contract negotiation
- Quality, relationship, controls and change
- Claims administration
Action Plan and Next Steps
Certification / Credits
Credits: 14 PDUs/CEUs
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Explore the characteristics of both collaborative and competitive negotiation styles
- Evaluate which negotiation approach / strategy to adapt in order to maximize the chance for a successful outcome
- Effectively plan for negotiations in construction environments, define success criteria and identify possible options
- Apply problem-solving, conflict resolution and negotiation techniques to a variety of commonly occurring construction situations
- Effectively handle issues around contract negotiations and vendor management
- List conflict resolution techniques and recognize the implications of each option
- Apply concepts of a collaborative / principled approach
- Review best practices for managing negotiations and exploring the different stages of negotiation
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...