Effective Negotiation Techniques | Live Instructor Led ClassProject Management Experts, LLC
Effective Negotiation Techniques | Live Instructor Led Class
All available course dates
Effective Negotiation Techniques
People, project managers, and organizations negotiate every day. In this one-day course, participants will examine different types of negotiation techniques and when to best use them. First, the term "negotiation" must be defined. Does negotiation mean compromise and giving up things we should keep? Can we negotiate by taking unilateral action or will that cause a less-than-desirable outcome? Although we must use our intuition and experience to know when to negotiate, we can get better outcomes with some knowledge, skills, and techniques from which to choose the best negotiation strategy. The course content will explore the relationship between power, rights, and interests. By the end of the session, participants will become familiar with a variety of negotiation strategies and when to select (or change to) one technique over another.
Module 1: Bargaining Techniques
- Common tactics for getting what you want
- Case Study 1
- Document insights and lessons learned
Module 2: Principled Negotiation Characteristics
- Examine Key Strategies
- Focus on interests, not positions Separate people from issues Develop options for mutual benefit
- Use objective criteria to measure successful outcome Explore a Four-Step Process
- Planning Case Study 2 Engagement Agreement Case Study 3
Module 3: When They Are Not Negotiating
Review six strategies to maintain your focus on principled negotiation Examine when to select a new approach, including hard bargaining Case Study 4
Certification / Credits
- Examine the relationship between power, rights, and interests Recognize "hard bargaining" strategies
- Explore the characteristics of principled-based negotiation Value "interest" over "position"
- Develop options for mutual benefit
- Document objective criteria to measure success of the negotiation agreement
- Review when to negotiate and when to leave a negotiation based on identifying
- Practice negotiation skills
- Create a plan to apply the content to their current work.
Why choose PME?
Over 300 instructor-led and online course offerings in project management, leadership, and business management
Courses taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of project management and agile certifications
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...