Preparing for Leadership: What It Takes to Take the LeadAMA - American Management Association
Preparing for Leadership: What It Takes to Take the Lead
Learn how to get noticed and selected for a leadership position and develop the skills every confident leader needs.
This leadership training course is uniquely designed to help leaders-to-be get ready for their new challenges and responsibilities. You'll discover the heart and mind of true leadership. Through self-assessments and other leadership scenarios, explore roles as strategist, change agent, coach, manager, communicator, mentor, and team member—and learn to develop your unique leadership style for maximum impact.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand what a leader is…and is not
- Project a more dynamic image
- Discover your own unique leadership style
- Determine which leadership attributes you already possess
- Apply lessons learned through leadership training to take on your first leadership position with greater confidence
- Get noticed by learning how to look and talk like a leader
- Find out what people expect and respect in a leader
- Apply lessons learned through leadership training to refine your skills in gaining and using power and influence positively
- Learn how to motivate a team, including "difficult people'"
- Protect yourself against the pitfalls of intra-organizational politics
Who should attend?
Any manager who needs leadership training to step into a leadership role or who is about to take on a new leadership assignment.
This training course will cover:
Is There a Leader in You?
- Discuss which qualities senior management looks for in candidates for leadership positions
- Understand the challenges you will face as a leader
What Do Leaders Talk About?
- Discover your leadership style
- Learn to adapt your style to the needs of others
What Is Your Leadership Image?
- Describe how to project the positive professional image of a leader
How Can You Build Your Influence and Power?
- Illustrate ways that leaders can build their power and influence
How Can You Develop Key Relationships?
- Identify the strategic alliances you need to build
How Should You Handle Organizational Politics?
- Explain strategies for getting others to support your agenda
How Can You Motivate People?
- Assess the things that really motivate
Methods to Approach the First Day, Week, Month and Year of Leadership
- Design your strategies for being noticed and selected to be a leader
The course is priced as follows: $2445 - Non-members
$2195 - AMA members
$1889 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team