Program ManagementAMA - American Management Association
All available course dates
Projects are about specific deliverables. Focusing on that outcome is the project manager’s main goal—but a program manager coordinates a number of related projects and operations that will benefit his or her organization. As an integral part of the organization's strategic business, you, as program manager, must apply very specialized skills, knowledge, and tools to exercise a degree of control that would not be possible by managing projects individually. In this course, you will build the skills and best practices needed to successfully manage a program. Learn how to align multiple activities to reach a strategic goal, report to and engage stakeholders, and satisfy all of the very specific and exacting demands of the program manager’s role.
How You Will Benefit
- Identify process management improvement opportunities
- Manage bottlenecks to enhance workflow and productivity
- Determine if nonvalue-added operations should be outsourced
- Use process management to know where excess levels of inventories can be reduced or eliminated
- Achieve more realistic and effective scheduling based on process lead-time data
- Know how each process relates to the whole operation
Who should attend?
Experienced or senior-level project managers, program managers, or anyone whose role requires involvement with programs, including portfolio managers, business analysts, operational managers and executives.
- The business case, program assessment, and program mission statement
- Five interrelated and interdependent program management performance domains: program strategy alignment; program benefits management; program stakeholder engagement; program governance; and program life cycle management
- Components of the program lifecycle and its phases
- Resource management, risk management, schedule management, and scope management needs unique to program management
- Elements of a benefits register, benefits realization plan, and the concept of value delivery
- Key stakeholder engagement, stakeholder maps, and emotional profiles
- Program governance and the activities that support program management
Course price for:
- Non Members: $2445
- AMA Members: $2195
Certification / Credits
CEU: 1.2, PDU: 12
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...