Management Skills for New ManagersAMA - American Management Association
Management Skills for New Managers
All available course dates
Management Skills for New Managers
Gain the core management skills you need to succeed!
Successful managers get things done. Learn the art of management that will set you apart— FAST. Using extensive guided role plays, self-audits and in-depth skills exercises, you will explore motivation, delegation, coaching, communication, performance management and leadership.
Take this course to fill your skill gaps and elevate your team—and your career—to new levels of greatness. Be ready to apply what you learn and return to work with new knowledge, insights and practical methods to help you be a successful and effective new manager.
How You’ll Benefit:
- Boost your confidence level as a new manager
- Build skills to help your employees gain more competence
- Match your leadership style to your employees’ development needs
- Increase your flexibility and adaptability to lead a diverse workforce
- Develop a climate that fosters motivation and camaraderie
- Prepare to point the way for your team by providing clear vision and direction
- Equip employees with the resources they need to be effective
- Confidently help employees solve problems and overcome barriers
Who should attend?
The AMA Management Skills for New Managers training is a great resource for both first-time managers and seasoned professionals who want to sharpen their skills . This course helps you to build and maintain the solid foundation of skills and behaviors you'll need to be an outstanding manager.
Your Role as Manager
- Discovering the qualities and abilities required for effective management
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities managers perform
- Exploring the contextual issues and challenges that new managers face today
Continuous Performance Management
- Defining the goal of performance management
- Identifying the process and challenges
- Practicing the skills of performance management
- Conducting a self-audit on performance management
SLII ® - The Art of Influencing Others
- Practicing having effective and more frequent conversations with your direct reports
- Increasing your flexibility and adaptability to lead a diverse workforce
- Using a variety of leadership styles to accelerate team members’ completion of their goals/tasks
Coaching for Performance
- Identifying the importance of and requirements for coaching
- Learning the micro-skills of effective coaching
- Confronting problem behaviors in a tactful manner
- Using the AMA Guide to manage a coaching discussion
- Differentiating between coaching and disciplining
Building a Motivational Climate
- Recognizing the manager’s role in employee motivation
- Exploring important elements of the motivational process
- Identifying managerial practices for building a motivational climate
Delegating for Growth and Development
- Describing the types of delegation that managers can employ
- Assessing your current delegation practices and associated challenges
- Recognizing what can and can’t be delegated
- Describing the phases of effective delegation
- Practicing delegation discussions
- Self-audits on performance management, technology, coaching, diversity and inclusion, as well as delegation and global awareness
- A process for coaching behavioral challenges and conducting a delegation discussion
- A self-reflection worksheet on business ethics
- Performance alignment conversations
- An AMA digital asset on motivation and delegation
- A motivational climate worksheet
The course is priced as follows: $2545 - Non-members
$2295 - AMA members
$2174 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
Average rating 4.8Based on 1627 reviews.
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...