Management Skills for Administrative ProfessionalsAMA - American Management Association
Place & Start
Management Skills for Administrative Professionals
All available course dates
Management Skills for Administrative Professionals
Your immediate takeaway
- Effectively manage changing responsibilities
- Communicate and negotiate with confidence
- Apply management and leadership skills to achieve continuous improvement
The support you provide as an administrative professional is vital to your organization's ability to achieve its goals and objectives. Today, most senior managers expect you to have leadership and management skills in order to set your own administrative priorities. In addition, you must have skills to manage all contacts, create, store and retrieve documents, plus a broad variety of other administrative skills. To do all of this successfully, you need to have strategic insight and be able to innovate better processes. At the same time, you must be tactical, process-oriented, and driven toward continuous improvement. This comprehensive seminar gives you a wide range of skills to help you handle any work challenge with greater confidence and effectiveness. Leave with an action plan of best practices to apply immediately on the job.
How You Will Benefit
- Manage changing roles and responsibilities whether working with bosses, peers, team members or customers
- Meet dynamic work expectations by expanding your proactive capabilities
- Clearly and confidently communicate and negotiate to manage conflicts and achieve results
- Apply emotional intelligence and effective listening practices to your job
- Use strategic diplomacy to handle office politics, difficult people and demanding situations
Who should attend?
Experienced administrative professionals, including executive secretaries, administrative assistants, secretaries or other members of the administrative support staff who need to expand their management skills so they can better support their organization and enhance their careers.
- Manage Changing Roles and Responsibilities When Working with Bosses, Peers, Team Members, and Customers
- Meet Dynamic Work Expectations Through Proactively Managing Time and Priorities
- Communicate and Negotiate with Clarity and Confidence to Achieve Results and Manage Conflicts
- Apply Skills and Strategies to Manage Personal and Professional Change Dynamics
- Use Personal Change Management to Work More Effectively with and Through Others
- Bring About Change Even When Faced with Resistance
- Apply a Systematic Approach to Plan and Engage Others on the Change Process
Manage Roles, Responsibilities, and Team Work
- Identify and Leverage Roles, Responsibilities, and a Team Player Attitude to Manage Short- and Long-Term Tasks and Projects
- Manage Roles, Responsibilities, and Authority to Meet Goals
- Identify and Support Differing Work Style Preferences Using New Skills and Best Practices
- Recognize and Proactively Use Critical Thinking to Support Achievement of Team-Based Goals
Manage Time and Priorities
- Apply a Spectrum of Priority Setting and Time Management Strategies to Proactively Accomplish Skills
- Establish a Systematic and Efficient Approach to Work
- Use Prioritization Strategies
- Use Time Management Strategies
Manage Relationships and Communication
- Achieve Professional Confidence and Productive Workplace Relationships By Effectively Using Emotional Intelligence and Communication Skills
- Incorporate Emotional Intelligence and Effective Listening Practices to Prepare to Be an Effective Colleague, Partner and Leader
- Apply Assertive Communication Using Verbal and Nonverbal Behaviors
- Exhibit Confidence and Influence Using Tested Presentation Models
- Analyze Conflict, Office Politics, and Interactions with Difficult People to Identify Appropriate Strategies to Manage and Negotiate Workable Results
- Define the Sources of Conflict in the Workplace
- Employ a Tactful Strategy to Handle Office Politics, Difficult People, and Demanding Situations
- Negotiate to Empower Self and Others to Achieve Goals
- Review Program Learnings and Apply Them to a Typical Workplace Activity in Preparation for Final Planning and Action Planning
- Reflect on Best Practices That Will Be Applied in the Near or Long Term
Course price for:
- Non Members: $2295
- AMA Members: $2095
Certification / Credits
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...
Average rating 4.9Based on 16 reviews.
Very well structured. I like how the course is set up. Mary and Rebecca work well together and were both very positive, cheerful and knowledgeable!
Great Class - enjoyed all the interaction and team set-ups.I would make it mandatory for class members to have headsets because we did have a difficult time that issue. Thank you for a great class
This was an excellent "hands-on" class with a lot of information that can be put to immediate use! I loved working with the others in the breakout sessions, we learn so much from our peers and I valued that time. I felt the topics were very relevant to my position and the instructor went above and beyond in trying to help us find what works for...
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team