Successfully Managing PeopleAMA - American Management Association
Successfully Managing People
All available course dates
Successfully Managing People
Be the catalyst that motivates your team to heightened productivity.
Do you know how to encourage excellence in a culture of "no change"? Are you able to keep your cool when things go wrong? Are you a confident or a reluctant delegator?
Effective management requires a balancing act. You have to deal with difficult people to resolve conflicts, win their cooperation and trust, and find ways to energize your employees to give their best effort. Utilizing the practice in emotional intelligence, this live online seminar will help you develop the right mix of management and communication styles to get the most from your team. You'll be able to transform resistance into support and ensure your people's values and corporate goals are in sync.
How You Will Benefit
- Motivate and direct the employees you rely on—even when they don't share your values
- Adjust your management and personal style to the needs of different situations
- Get more done by using the appropriate delegation techniques for any given situation
- Resolve conflict more effectively in a wide variety of situations
- Turn difficult people and poor performers into team players
- Win the cooperation and trust from those within your organization
- Increase your confidence, leadership skills, and personal and professional satisfaction in your job by managing people successfully
Who should attend?
Managers and individuals with management responsibilities whose success depends on managing people successfully through clear communication, a cooperative attitude, and commitment to shared goals.
This training course will cover:
The Experience of Being a Manager in Today’s Organization
- Recognizing how economic and social trends have changed the manager’s role
- Defining “successfully managing people”
- Discussing and illustrating specific challenges you face when motivating others in today’s organizations
Values, Ethical Leadership and Organizational Culture
- Defining “values” and recognizing their source
- Identifying ways in which values impact work life and productivity
- Defining “ethics” and setting ethical standards for employees
- Understanding your role in creating and sustaining the organization’s culture
Personal Styles: DiSC
- Determining your own personal profile (disc profile)
- Delving into the strengths and limitations of your disc profile
- Using behavioral cues to determine others’ personal style
- Gaining insight into how to more effectively work with other personal styles
Motivating Those You Manage
- Distinguishing between pre-motivators, demotivators and motivators
- Tailoring your motivational efforts to individual employees and situations
- Applying motivational strategies when delegating responsibilities and/or tasks to an individual
Communication Skills for Managers
- Using techniques of active listening to gain critical information
- Effectively using positive and corrective feedback
- Dealing with difficult employees
- Describing the competencies of emotional intelligence
- Assessing your own level of emotional intelligence
- Developing a strategy for improving your emotional intelligence
The course is priced as follows: $2545 - Non-members
$2295 - AMA members
$2174 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
Average rating 4.8Based on 795 reviews.
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...