Succession Planning: Developing Talent from Within
Research shows that most companies have little or no deliberate succession planning in place—and aren’t fully aware of how much the lack of it can cost their organization, especially in an unstable economy. Managing the succession of talent is a vital strategic process that minimizes gaps in leadership and enables your best people to develop the skills necessary for possible future roles.
This seminar will show you how to design and implement an effective and flexible succession plan that will help your organization continue to grow and achieve its business goals.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn to formulate strategies for attracting, retaining and developing skilled individuals
- Know how to develop future leaders from within while retaining intellectual/operational expertise
- Be able to sustain business relationships that are vital to your organization’s success
- Develop a targeted approach to identify the competencies needed for specific positions
- Help increase retention by matching your company’s needs with the aspirations of individuals
Upcoming start dates
9 May, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Mid to senior level managers; business unit heads; human resources personnel and organizational development professionals.
- Succession planning: an overview of its importance, function and methodology
- The role of HR in setting up a succession planning system
- Forecasting future needs and strategic alignment
- Developing the succession planning process
- Building individual development plans
- Effective monitoring, measuring and follow-up processes
Course price for:
- Non Members: $2695
- AMA Members: $2395
Certification / Credits
Average rating 5
The Instructer took time to know who she was facilitating for and gave examples that were real and easily identifiable to each participant. She made our sessions very participat...
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...