Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
AMA's 5-Day "MBA" WorkshopAMA - American Management Association
AMA's 5-Day "MBA" Workshop
Arm yourself with the 10 vital business skills you need to make sound business decisionsHow you do business is changing fast.
Competition is more fierce than ever. How well you can grasp and handle data, reduce risks, and manage people, processes, and new technology is being tested daily. Prepare yourself to innovate, strategize, and lead with success.
In this one-of-a-kind program, you’ll explore these vital skills and behaviors, guided by leading business experts, and practice applying them in an intensive business simulation. Each new skill you explore will inform and support every other skill. Working alongside peers from a variety of industries, you’ll also develop the leadership skills you need to apply these behaviors on the job. This hands-on, 5-day immersive course, filled with case studies, exercises, and activities, offers you the unique opportunity to experience what every business must do—cut costs, increase revenue, and mitigate risks—with a holistic, game-changing approach that can have a lasting positive impact not only on your career, but your entire future.
How You Will Benefit
- Know your numbers to make sounder business decisions fast
- Communicate and collaborate more effectively with your team, management, and other stakeholders
- Improve the way you manage people, processes, and risks to drive projects and create value for your organization
- Enhance creativity and innovation in your team to develop new solutions to old problems and respond to changing customer expectations
- Apply what you learn in a guided simulation with fellow course participants
- Sharpen your leadership skills with actionable tips and tools
Who should attend?
AMA’s 5-Day “MBA” Workshop is for anyone interested in obtaining an effective, broad-based overview of the functional areas often covered in university-level MBA programs.
This training course will cover:
Get a Return on Investment
• Identify how the relationship between risk and return influences everyday business decisions
• Recognize how effective risk management maximizes returns while mitigating, minimizing, and eliminating risks
• Know the importance and sources of high-quality information
• Identify ways a business creates and builds value
• Learn the General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Examine cash versus accrual accounting
• Recognize how the accounting process flows from journal entries, to the general ledger, trial balance, and financial statements, translating operational activities into the financials
• Prepare an income statement, balance sheet, retained earnings statement, and cash flow statement
Problem Solve, Invest, and Grow
• Identify and define the key liquidity, leverage, and profitability ratios
• Improve profitability through cost analysis and profit planning
• Apply different methods for evaluating capital expenditures, monitoring project performance and reaching strategic conclusions
• Evaluate and monitor operating performance
• Develop, coach, and motivate individual people
• Apply tools to manage teams, processes, and information
• Address generational differences and manage conflict
• Move from an operational manager to a strategic leader
• Utilize effective speaking, listening, and writing strategies to enhance and expand your interpersonal and organizational communication skills
• Present ideas (in writing and verbally) in a logical, well-organized format in the appropriate tone
• Learn strategies for virtual and cross-cultural communication
• Develop your own mission statement and strategy for success
• Use the ADEPTT model to analyze the current state of your business and define goals
• Engage stakeholders for positive results
• Plan and execute strategy
• Troubleshoot and track results of strategy execution
• Use the Five Ps of Marketing: positioning, product, price, place, and promotion
• Create customer value and cultivate relationships
• Explore the impact of social media
• Analyze marketing budgets, controls, and tracking
Create and Innovate
• Learn various techniques for generating new ideas and uncovering opportunities
• Anticipate customer needs and create new solutions to respond to them
• Use the four basic rules for brainstorming
• Apply tips and tools to develop creative and innovative thinking around products and services
Business Challenge Simulation
• Collaborate with your team of R&D, Sales & Marketing, Finance, and Operations in an online simulation with real-world business challenges
• Understand the market, create demand, and invest in the future
• Create greater value for your company
• Put your newly acquired knowledge and skills to use along with your leadership and teamwork skills
• Explore the differences between leading and managing
• Examine the key characteristics of leadership
• Present, as a team, leadership and management aspects of making sound business decisions
The course is priced as follows: $3995 - Non-members
$3595 - AMA members
$3026 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team