Improving Work Habits
You have a talented team, and you focus a significant amount of time and energy on helping them address and resolve performance issues. But, there is a difference between job performance and work habits.Effective managersand leaders can identify opportunities for team members to improve work habits and help their team reach the next level.
Employees with good work habits are more productive and attentive to quality, avoiding bad tendencies like poor communication. Learning how to distinguish between job performance and work habits, as well as honing your ability to coach and develop others regarding their work habits, improves employee productivity.
The Vital Learning Improving Work Habits™ course provides supervisors, team leaders and managers with the tools necessary to recognize and address poor work habits. The course helps managers and team leaders understand the importance of focusing on negative behaviors as well as earning team members’ recognition of the problem and their commitment to changing their habits. Using the tools and skills learned in the course, managers and team leaders are able to improve employee productivity and address issues before they develop into disciplinary problems that affect everyone on the team.
- Open: Explain the observed work habit and why it concerns you
- Clarify: Ask the team member why the work habit is occurring
- Seek/Share: Ask the team member for ways to solve the issue
- Agree: Agree on the actions the team member must take to solve the issue
- Close: Set a follow up meeting to check on progress
Upcoming start dates
Anytime - Inquire for details
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers.
The learning objectives for this Improving Work Habits course include:
- Understand that unsatisfactory work habits must be dealt with quickly before requiring disciplinary action
- Distinguish between a team member performance issue and a poor work habit
- Describe the team member’s poor work habit objectively and factually to address the issue collaboratively and avoid personal attacks
- Ensure the team member takes ownership of the poor work habit and takes responsibility for solving the issue
- Respond with empathy to team member reactions and concerns to maintain team member self-esteem
- Use the Improving Work Habits Skill Points to plan and conduct a meeting with your team member
Course delivery details
Please note that this course is offered both online and as classroom training. Please note that the classroom version of this course runs for four hours as opposed to the two hour online version. To find out more or to talk through your requirements, get in touch with Vital Learning through the request information button below and a representative will be in touch soon.
The price of this course is $49 per person per course. To take all 12 courses in the Leadership Essential Series, the cost is $588.
Contact this provider
Vital Learning - Classroom, online, and blended management training solutions
At Vital Learning, our core focus is practical management skills training. Not high-level concepts, general approaches or theories. We give managers the specific skills they need to make the greatest impact possible on the growth of your organization. Companies who...