Communicating UpVital Learning
All available course dates
You have worked hard to develop relationships and build rapport with your team members and colleagues. That’s a good start. However, the ability to communicate effectively with your supervisor and other members of senior management, in addition to your team members and peers, improves your success as a manager and team leader.
Where poor communication has the ability to cripple your leadership capacity, a solid business communication strategy increases productivity and builds stronger professional relationships. Effective communication strengthens the connections with your organization’s senior leadership. Your ability to understand a superior’s communication style, deliver bad news with grace, communicate group or employee achievements and maintain their attention during a meeting is critical to ensuring mutual understanding and agreement.
The Vital Learning Communicating Up™ course is the communication skills training that any supervisor, team leader or manager needs to understand how to hold more successful meetings with their managers and other members of senior leadership. An effective business communication strategy turns these meetings into positive, productive experiences. Communicating up is not difficult, but it does require employees to empathize with their managers and to understand their managers’ specific styles and work challenges.
- Open: State your objective in a style and format preferred by your manager
- Clarify: Detail your objective and support it with facts
- Seek/Share: Anticipate your manager’s questions and have answers prepared
- Agree: Provide potential solutions for your manager to consider
- Close: Summarize and confirm the next steps
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders or managers.
The learning objectives for this Communicating Up course include:
- Identify the medium, frequency and amount of detail needed to successfully communicate with your manager
- Craft your communication with your manager to address their interests and fit their communication style
- Come prepared for the meeting with a clearly stated objective, answers to anticipated questions and potential solutions
- Support your objective with facts
- Use the Communicating Up Skill Points to plan and conduct a meeting with your manager
Course delivery details
Vital Learning's "Coaching Job Skills" course for leaders, is available in the following formats:
- A self-paced, 1-hour online course
- A 4-hour facilitated session.
- We can provide an experienced facilitator, or you can facilitate in-house
- "Blended Classroom"
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with an abbreviated in-person instructor led session
- "Blended VILT"
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with a 90-minute virtual instructor led session
The price of this course (in the online format) is $49 per person per course. To take all 12 courses in the Leadership Essential Series, the cost is $588.
About Vital Learning
Vital Learning - Classroom, online, and blended management training solutions
At Vital Learning, our core focus is practical management skills training. Not high-level concepts, general approaches or theories. We give managers the specific skills they need to make the greatest impact possible on the growth of your organization. Companies who...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...