Does the phrase, "If you want something done right, do it yourself," resonate with you? It is often difficult to delegate responsibility to your team members. However, proper leadership delegation ensures that you are not spread too thin, and with the right delegation training, you are able to focus on critical priorities. The ability to delegate effectively is an essential employee time management skill. It helps balance the workload and prevents you from being anineffective leader.
Effectively utilizing your team gives you more time to interact with management, colleagues and team members, enabling you to develop deeper and stronger connections across the organization as well as within your team. Leadership delegation also demonstrates that you trust your team members while encouraging the development of their skills. In addition, it helps your team members believe that their jobs are important, meaningful and critical to the success of the team and organization.
The Vital Learning Delegating course provides supervisors, team leaders and managers with the delegation training they require to strengthen the team’s commitment to the organization’s success. Delegation is an important time management skill that every employee should master. With apt leadership delegation, team members learn accountability and responsibility; thus, employees feel like an important part of the team and the entire organization.
- Open: Explain what you would like the team member to do and why
- Clarify: Detail the responsibility and the specific tasks required
- Seek/Share: Discuss the team member’s thoughts about the task and identify potential barriers or issues
- Agree: Establish a plan for the team member to assume responsibility for the task
- Close: Express your confidence in the team member’s ability to succeed with their new responsibility
Please note that this course is offered both online and as classroom training. Please note that the classroom version of this course runs for four hours as opposed to the one hour online version. To find out more or to talk through your requirements, get in touch with Vital Learning through the request information button below and a representative will be in touch soon.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers.
The learning objectives for this Delegating course include:
- Understand the role of delegation in time management, resource utilization, job satisfaction and overall team productivity
- Use the delegation process to determine which tasks to delegate to team members
- Use the delegation process to decide the best team member to assign the delegated task
- Establish the team member’s responsibility and authority for the delegated task, creating a framework for accountability and personal growth
- Use the Delegating Skill Points to plan and conduct a meeting with your team member
The price of this course is $49 per person per course. To take all 12 courses in the Leadership Essential Series, the cost is $588.
Provider: Vital Learning
Vital Learning - Classroom, online, and blended management training solutions
For 30 years, Vital Learning management skills solutions have been used to develop leaders at organizations worldwide. Thousands of companies have used our Leadership Essentials courses to develop millions of employees. The Leadership Essentials stands out with its unique practical...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Delegating course by simply filling out your details:
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team