Essential Skills of Communicating
Continued success is often recognized or rewarded with promotion to a leadership position. As a supervisor, manager or team leader, how do you provide your team members with the information and opportunities to be recognized and promoted? Effective communication is essential to developing your team members.
Aa a leader, your ability to combat poor communication within your team is critical to building strong relationships with your employees. These strong relationships, built upon mutual trust and respect, are developed through a solid business communication strategy, and they help your team meet and exceed its goals. In addition, powerful relationships that have mastered effective communication improve retention, heighten overall productivity and increase profitability.
The Vital Learning Essential Skills Of Communicating course helps supervisors, team leaders and managers improve business communications and ensure that communication with employees is a two-way process. Essential Skills Of Communicating teaches managers the latest business communication strategies, thereby improving their performance and increasing the productivity of both the team and the organization.
- Create a culture of open communication
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Understand and manage your nonverbal communication
- Effectively communicate through listening
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
This course is designed for supervisors, team leaders, managers, and high-potential future leaders.
The learning objectives for this Essential Skills in Communicating course include:
- Utilize an empowering and dynamic communication process to increase team members’ motivation and commitment
- Construct and express clear and concise messages in both written and spoken communication
- Deliver messages that address the interests of the listener
- Make verbal and nonverbal communication congruent to reinforce the intent of messages
- Use Reflecting, Probing, Supporting, Advising to demonstrate active listening to others
- Provide the rationale for your feedback, whether to reinforce or improve performance.
Course delivery details
- A self-paced, 1-hour online course
- A 4-hour facilitated session.
- Vital Learning can provide an experienced facilitator, or you can facilitate in-house
- "Blended Classroom"
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with an abbreviated in-person instructor led session
- "Blended VILT"
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with a 90-minute virtual instructor led session
The price of this course (for the "Online" format) is $49 per person per course. To take all 12 courses in the Leadership Essential Series, the cost is $588.
Average rating 4.8
The Vital courses are highly practical and deliver excellent results. They're extremely flexible and can be adapted to variety of business environment and needs. It’s been my e...
These are great workshops -- participants working from beginning to end to discover, learn an apply the Skill Points.
This should create better leader/team member relationships, ultimately creating a climate of open communication. The upside is the team is motivated to start digging into issues...
Contact this provider
Vital Learning - Classroom, online, and blended management training solutions
At Vital Learning, our core focus is practical management skills training. Not high-level concepts, general approaches or theories. We give managers the specific skills they need to make the greatest impact possible on the growth of your organization. Companies who...
Top 10 Awards
Top 10 Winner - 2022
We're delighted Essential Skills of Communicating is a winner of our Top 10 Courses 2022 in Top 10 Most Popular Communication Courses.
Each year, we select the top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.