Design Thinking Part I: Insights to InspirationUniversity of Virginia Darden
Design Thinking Part I: Insights to Inspiration
All available course dates
Faced with growth or development challenges, most managers dive headfirst into the search for inventive solutions. But creative roundtables, brainstorming sessions and other traditional attempts to conjure inspired ideas typically fall short. Discover your creative potential. Learn a proven, structured approach to invention — a truly systematic process for ideation — to spark workplace creativity.
In this five-week, project-based course taught by Darden Professor Jeanne Liedtka, internationally recognized leader in design thinking, you'll lay the groundwork for great ideas, strengthen your innovation mindset and learn research techniques that jumpstart your team's potential for new and inspired ideas. You'll also have access to Darden-trained mentors to help you every step of the way on your design thinking journey. Expect to focus 5-8 hours per week on coursework.
Who should attend?
Designed for managers who want to explore the principles of design thinking and how a human-centered approach to innovation can transform their organization, this course will benefit organizational leaders from the public and private sectors, including those in finance, engineering, technology and administration, as well as healthcare, education and social nonprofit causes.
- Approach real-world problems from the point of view of your target audience, no matter how different your perspectives typically are
- Discover the business and social challenges most likely to yield fruitful ideas
- Develop an action plan for research and gather feedback for your unique challenges
- Identify important insights into the needs and wants of others using human-centered and customer-centric tools like journey mapping
Certification / Credits
You'll walk away from Design Thinking Part I: Insights to Inspiration with:
- The ability to work better with fewer resources by leading a lean research process that sparks creative innovation
- A toolbox of skills to systematically research key markets and pinpoint the territories with highest potential for innovation
- First-hand knowledge and practical application examples from veteran designers
- A deeper understanding of how exactly to identify, map out and research business and social situations
- Stronger creative muscles to help you solve work and life challenges
About UVA Darden
Darden | Purpose-Driven Leadership
These uncertain and rapidly changing times call for leaders who are prepared to catalyze global business and social transformation. Through Darden's signature approach to teaching and learning, you will connect with your purpose, master business tools and concepts, and gain...
University of Virginia Darden
Before we redirect you to this school’s website, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training
Corporate / Group Training