Data Science Methods and ApplicationsUniversity of Virginia Darden
Data Science Methods and Applications
All available course dates
Data Science Methods & Applications is led by thought leaders from UVA Darden Executive Education, UVA Data Science and UVA McIntire School of Commerce, recognized as experts in data science techniques and tools, and the application of those in the modern business context.
Discover the tools and techniques for analyzing data and how to use new insights to sharpen the execution of business and functional strategies. Through lectures, case studies, group discussion, and hands-on sessions, you will study real-world applications of data science techniques, culminating in a competition connecting analytics and business strategy. This program provides an introduction to the tools and technologies available to analyze and interpret data, and create the powerful insights leaders need to take action and lead their team with confidence. You'll explore:
- Development of insights using data visualization techniques and tools such as Tableau
- Analysis of data using techniques such as regression and classification and tools such as Excel, Python and Jupyter
- Processes and workflows that guide business leaders and teams through the steps to address business challenges and opportunities using data and analytics
- Managerial issues that are essential to consider as you deploy analytical insights within your team or organization
Who should attend?
Designed for both business professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of data science and how it can help them in their current roles, and business leaders who are looking to create data-savvy teams and improve the performance of their departments and the company overall. We encourage strategic leaders, business analysts and IT managers from across your organization to attend together to improve overall data collaboration.
- Data Visualization
- Tableau Demonstration
- Text Mining
- Simulation: Connecting Strategy & Analytics
- Machine Learning
Impact and Outcomes:
- Apply insights to address challenges or opportunities facing your own organization.
- Understand how analytics and decision making are iterative processes, as each decision provides new data to analyze and interpret.
- Consider the problems data can present and how to overcome them.
- Discover innovative ways to address problems using data science techniques.
- Understand the lifelong learning approach required to stay current on the application of data science methods for business problems due to the rapidly changing nature of the technological landscape.
Course delivery details
Each day of the program will run from approximately 8:30am-5:00pm
As a participant of this program, materials and some meals are included in your program fee.
Certification / Credits
The Data Science Methods & Applications program counts as one program toward a noncredit Certificate in Data Science for Business Strategy. Complete
About UVA Darden
Darden | Purpose-Driven Leadership
These uncertain and rapidly changing times call for leaders who are prepared to catalyze global business and social transformation. Through Darden's signature approach to teaching and learning, you will connect with your purpose, master business tools and concepts, and gain...
Contact this provider
University of Virginia Darden
Before we redirect you to this school’s website, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team