Become a more strategic leader and expand your cross-functional influence, with a deeper understanding of finance.
- Build fundamental financial skills, including your ability to record business transactions, read financial reports, identify relevant cost information, budget and assess performance, and analyze working capital, discounted cash flow and capital expenditures.
- Practice applying the details of balance sheets, income and cash flow statements, as well as interpret big-picture stories as told through financial data in annual corporate reports.
- Review typical models of cost allocation among units, products and services and spot how those models can be improved.
- Make decisions around pricing, cost-cutting and capital investment and refine your ideas against real-life strategies and outcomes.
- This program emphasizes the application and understanding of financial information, not its preparation; no prior finance or accounting knowledge is necessary.
Who should attend?
This program is designed for executives and managers who lack formal financial training and want to understand and implement key information without extensive number-crunching.
- Fit key financial concepts into your corporate strategy.
- Identify areas for cost savings across your organization.
- Perform basic financial analyses to inform your day-to-day operations.
- Make data-driven comparisons between the performance of business sectors.
Certification / Credits
This program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Management . Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
Contact this provider
Darden | Purpose-Driven Leadership
These uncertain and rapidly changing times call for leaders who are prepared to catalyze global business and social transformation. Through Darden's signature approach to teaching and learning, you will connect with your purpose, master business tools and concepts, and gain...