Managing Information for AnalyticsUniversity of Virginia Darden
Managing Information for Analytics
All available course dates
Managing Information for Analyticsis led by thought leaders from UVA Darden Executive Education, UVA Data Science and UVA McIntire School of Commerce, recognized as experts in data science techniques and tools, and the application of those in the modern business context.
Understand the technologies and management frameworks that are essential for businesses and their leaders to compete and win through analytics and data science powered strategies. Through lectures, case studies, readings, group discussion, and technology demonstrations, you will gain familiarity with modern information management, and develop the confidence to lead your organization into the data-rich future. This program explores:
- Importance of technology vision and strategy in the creation and management of information pipelines required in modern data-intensive businesses
- Emerging and expanding technologies such as cloud, containerization, internet of things (IOT) and artificial intelligence and new models such as edge, SAAS and platforms
- Big data technologies for analytics and operations, including traditional and new data management technologies including data warehouses and data lakes, and solutions from leading providers including AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Considerations in designing architectures, managing organizations, and securing information as you lead your team or organization toward becoming an information-enabled digital business.
Who should attend?
Designed for both business professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of data science and how it can help them in their current roles, and business leaders who are looking to create data-savvy teams and improve the performance of their departments and the company overall. We encourage strategic leaders, business analysts and IT managers from across your organization to attend together to improve overall data collaboration.
- Designing Digital Business
- Architecting Data Pipelines
- Technology Trends: Cloud Computing
- Technology Trends: Big Data & Analytics
- Big Data Technologies that Enable Analytics Capabilities
- Big Data Technologies that Support Operational Excellence
- The Future: Big Data Architecture & Enterprise Analytics
- The Future: AI & Automation
- Digital Platforms
- Integrating IoT in Business Operations
Impacts and Outcomes:
- Develop a technology vision for your organization and determine which of the four operating models will help you meet your goals
- Build omnichannel capabilities for seamless customer experiences
- Maximize your cloud computing resources to ensure secure data pipelines
- Understand how big data impacts people, process and technology, and enables predictive, descriptive and prescriptive analytics at the enterprise level.
- Explore the various data management technologies and which could support your organization’s analytical needs
- Understand the impact of AI on business and society
- Integrate digital platforms into your strategy to expand your reach and influence
- Understand the implications of adopting IoT technology and how to process the data produced by those devices
Course delivery details
As a participant of this program, materials and some meals are included in your program fee.
Certification / Credits
TheManaging Information for Analytics program program counts as one program toward a noncredit Certificate in Data Science for Business Strategy.
About UVA Darden
Darden | Purpose-Driven Leadership
These uncertain and rapidly changing times call for leaders who are prepared to catalyze global business and social transformation. Through Darden's signature approach to teaching and learning, you will connect with your purpose, master business tools and concepts, and gain...
Contact this provider
University of Virginia Darden
Before we redirect you to this school’s website, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team