Principles of Fundraising
Effective fundraising requires sophisticated techniques for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting potential donors. Students learn from a team of exceptional faculty practitioners and develop a portfolio of strategies and skills to implement an effective approach to goal setting, strategic outreach and communication with donors.
The Principles of Fundraising course is offered in collaboration with the Association of Fundraising Professionals - Greater Philadelphia Chapter (AFP-GPC).
Villanova University will award 3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) along with a certificate of achievement upon completion of the course, which can be applied towards the Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) credential (30 points). CFRE International certifies experienced fundraising professionals aspiring to the highest standards of ethics, competence, and service to the philanthropic sector.
Who should attend?
- Professional fundraisers who want to broaden their skills and knowledge
- Those seeking to enter the development profession or have just started a new position in development
- Volunteers engaged in fundraising activities
- AFP Member: $850.00
- Non-Member: $900.00
Certification / Credits
What Will You Learn?
You will learn how to:
- Plan, implement and manage an annual giving program.
- Identify the best multi-media communication strategies and how to adapt your message per each outreach outlet.
- Apply the latest information technology to your fundraising program.
- Organize and host a successful solicitation event.
- Build meaningful, workable relationships with board members and volunteers.
- Assess your current organizations major gifts plan and how to implement better strategies for success through goal setting, strategic outreach, and communication with donors.
Contact this provider
Villanova University College of Professional Studies
Villanova's College of Professional Studies offers a robust suite of professional education programs and courses. These non-credit bearing certificate programs and individual courses provide professionals with immediately applicable skills and knowledge in areas that are highly demanded by industry. Built...