SQL Server 2019 Reporting ServicesHands On Technology Transfer, Inc.
SQL Server 2019 Reporting Services
All available course dates
SQL Server 2019 Reporting Services
This course introduces Microsoft's SQL Server Reporting Services 2019 (SSRS) utility. All reports are developed utilizing SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), however Report Designer is also introduced. Students will complete hands-on exercises creating a number of reports including table-based, cross tabular and forms based designs. Reports utilizing charts, gauges, KPIs, spark lines, data bars and tree maps will be built. Exercises incorporate the use of report parameters and features such as drill down, interactive sorting, hyperlinks, book marks and report maps.
Consuming data from relational, multi-dimensional and tabular data sources will be incorporated into report designs. Students become familiar with report deployment to the new Reporting Service Web Portal and learn how to use portal the management tools to configure report caches, snapshots and subscriptions. Instruction and practice in designing report security to insure protection of enterprise data is provided.
The student will gain experience with the new Report Services Web portal, which enables publishing content other than paginated reports, such as Excel and Power BI. Students will also learn how to include KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) directly from a shared data set.
Students who wish to attend 2-day coverage of SSIS and SSAS in addition to 3 days of SSRS coverage, should instead sign up for the 5-day SQL Server 2019 Business Intelligence Application Development (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) course.
Students requiring more in-depth coverage of SSIS and SSAS, as well as SSRS coverage should attend the 3-day SQL Server 2019 Reporting Services course followed by the 5-day SQL Server 2019 Business Intelligence: Integration Services and Analysis Services course, which provides 5-days of coverage for SSIS and SSAS capabilities. An 8-day training pass is available at a discount (see Discounts page on the HOTT website).
Who should attend?
Familiarity with database concepts, Windows desktop navigation and software installation techniques. Attendance at HOTT's SQL Programming course or Microsoft Transact-SQL Programming course is highly recommended although not required.
- Reporting Services Architecture
- Advanced Report Features
- Implementing BI Semantic Model
- Reporting Services Security
- Adding Custom Code
- Creating Basic Reports
- Matrix Reports
- Report Designer
- Automating Report Creation and Delivery
- .NET Integration with Reporting Services
Course delivery details
Delivery Options: Attend face-to-face in the classroom,remote-live or via on-demand training.
Certification / Credits
- Installing and configuring SQL Server Reporting Services
- Designing reports using SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Creating multi-dimensional, two-dimensional and tabular data sources and sets
- Using the Tablix object to display information in Tables, Matrix (pivot tables) and free form Lists
- Using visualization objects to create Charts, Spark Lines, Data Bars and Tree Maps
- Adding images, page headers and footers and report metadata
- Including report parameterization enabling filtering by users
- Configuring report interactivity, including drill-downs, report maps and book marks
- Linking to parameterized child reports via hyperlinks or sub-reports
- Creating calculated fields and custom report formatting
- Deploying reports to the Reporting Services Web Portal
- Configuring report snapshots, caches and subscriptions
- Securing reports and data sources
Hands On Technology Transfer, Inc.
Hands On Technology Transfer (HOTT) was established in 1995 and has always had the same mission: to provide the best possible IT training and always assure that students attain competence and confidence in the skills being taught. HOTT’s innovative approach...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...