Threats and Vulnerabilities Scenarios
This course examines the process of identifying and mitigating threats and vulnerabilities in information systems. It covers common categories of threats and vulnerabilities and the resources used to detect them. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on threats and vulnerabilities. This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who are interested in information technology security, with an eye towards handling real-world scenarios.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Discuss the role of governance and auditing in identifying threats and vulnerabilities
- Identify common vulnerabilities and how penetration testing and other methods can reveal them
- Explain how threats and vulnerabilities factor into risk analysis and lead to differing risk management strategies
- Describe the difference between quantitative and qualitative risk analysis
- Evaluate different security controls such as firewalls, IDS, IPS, antimalware and patch management
- Identify common threats and other attacks on networks and their hosts
- Respond appropriately to threats and vulnerabilities raised in real-world scenarios
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 0.5 CEUs / 5 PDUs / 5 HRCIs / 5 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...