Corporate Finance Law School: Module 1 - Legal Guide to Mergers and Acquisitions
A Legal Guide to Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) will give you a superior understanding of the legal, commercial and financial aspects of international M&A processes, the strategic priorities and approaches of the various deal players, the documents typical to M&A deals, and the legal challenges you are likely to face.
This course will give you a thorough understanding of the wide variety of skills that all parties involved in cross-border acquisitions must possess – for example, the ability to read and digest financial information, successfully communicate with the relevant parties, whilst juggling a diverse range of international commercial and legal issues.
By the end of the programme, you will have the skills and knowledge needed to ensure your deal does not fail due to delays, illogical pricing, or unnecessary/inaccurate terms.
The course is designed to be highly practical and features hands on workshop sessions and case studies.
Upcoming start dates
4 December, 2023
- Overview: Structuring and negotiating the acquisition
- Workshop: Drafting the preliminary agreements
- Workshop: Confidentiality agreements
- Valuation concept for non-finance people
- Legal due diligence
- Workshop: Drafting a disclosure letter
- IP Due Diligence
- Negotiating and drafting share purchase agreements - the general terms – Sample Document
- Workshop: Negotiating and drafting share purchase agreements – the specific terms
- Corporate governance
- Warranty claims
- M&A Transaction Dynamics Impact Due To The Pandemic
Course fee: £3645 + VAT
Certification / Credits
By attending A Legal Guide to Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) you will learn:
- How to structure a deal and value the target
- How to negotiate the preliminary agreements and understand other complex pre-contractual issues
- The complexities of legal due diligence
- The technical legal issues, including intellectual property (IP) rights
- The different ways to document M&A transactions
- Complex issues involved in acquisition and financing
- Best practice in post-merger integration
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...