MBA in Shipping & Logistics
The leading online master of business administration for the maritime industry
The MBA that combines quality with flexibility for future maritime industry leaders – develop your ability to perform at the highest level of business management.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
The MBA in Shipping and Logistics is aimed at those aspiring to the pinnacle of executive management, with the current profile including:
- CEO, Directors and Senior Management
- Captains, Masters, Pilots
- Project Managers
- Port, Terminal, Harbour
- Chartering, Trading
- Health, Safety, Quality
- Legal, Insurance
We consider applications on their individual merits and circumstances. However, as a guide, the elements we consider when assessing the suitability of an applicant are:
- A Bachelors Degree or an equivalent qualification normally at second class honours or above - or equivalent international academic qualification.
- A minimum of two years’ relevant managerial or professional work experience since undergraduate graduation. Managerial experience means having responsibility for people and / or functions and / or relevant technical expertise.
- Candidates without an undergraduate honours degree must demonstrate significant managerial experience and may be required to submit a GMAT test result of 550 or higher. A full description of your experience is essential to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to the MBA Program.
- At least two years' experience working in the maritime industry or related sector.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement for entry to the Program and evidence may need to be provided. Where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575 or have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification at a recognised institution where the medium of tuition and assessment was entirely in English (proof must be provided).
- For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
- Module 1 - Induction
- Module 2 - Shipping Business Environment and International Trade
- Module 3 - Business Strategy
- NEW: Module 4 - Leading and Managing People
- Module 5 - Advanced International Marketing
- Module 6 - Finance and Risk Management
- NEW: Module 7 – Digitalisation in Shipping
- NEW: Module 8 – Business Transformation Project
Course delivery details
We suggest around 18-20 hours per week (or 75 hours a month) will be needed to be spent on coursework, reading, discussion and assessments.
- The total tution fee for the two year MBA program is £17,000 / US$22,950 (VAT exempt).
- Anyone applying before 15 July 2022 will receive a £1000 / US$1350 discount on the program fees so don't delay your application.
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Enhance and extend previous experience in business and management
- Apply existing and newly acquired knowledge and experience to complex business issues
- Prepare for leadership and transformational roles in business Improve strategic thinking and innovation skills
- Acquire improved communication, writing and time management techniques
- Demonstrate a broad perspective on organisational management and its wider impact on society and the environment
- Develop advanced knowledge of your organisation, its management and the environment in which it operates and apply this to the global maritime and related fields
- Operate and manage in a global and multicultural environment
- Develop interpersonal, networking, virtual teamwork and group management skills
- Gain higher levels of self-confidence and awareness of unique strengths and abilities
Contact this provider
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...