Introduction to Small Business Management
Introduction to Small Business Management is designed for prospective and current small business owners, entrepreneurs, and managers who want to understand the basics of running a successful small business. Managing a small business can be quite challenging, and this course provides an overview of small business operations, including business planning, legal issues, financial management, human resources, managing people, marketing, and customer care. Small business owners and managers should be better prepared to effectively deal with common problems and capitalize on market opportunities based on what they've learned.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Discuss the differences between the entrepreneurial and small business mindsets.
- Explain the business lifecycle and how it pertains to small business.
- Identify success factors for small business operators.
- Explore the advantages and disadvantages of starting a small business.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing an existing small business.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of franchising.
- Identify key legal issues for small business.
- Describe how small business owners and entrepreneurs craft business plans.
- Explain the crucial levers in small business financial management, including the crucial role of cash flow.
- Describe how small business owners can effectively manage their operations through delegation and oversight.
- Explain how to handle key human resource issues facing small businesses.
- Discuss how to make optimal use of small business marketing channels.
- Describe ways to provide superior customer service.
- Discuss global trade opportunities for small businesses.
- Identify frameworks for handling ethical issues confronted by small businesses.
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 3 CEUs / 3 PDUs / 3 HRCIs / 3 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...