Company Analysis and Valuation School: Module 2 - Corporate Valuation and Modelling
The valuation of corporates is a fundamental skill required of a wide range of finance professionals including equity analysts, strategists, corporate finance executives, fund managers, PE/VC executives and general bankers. The recent volatility of corporate valuations, combined with the emergence of new sectors, makes understanding the theory and practice of valuation essential.
Module 1 of the course offers a comprehensive introduction to financial analysis from the point of view of valuation.
Module 2 This course gives a detailed overview of a range of valuation techniques and methodologies. The course reviews the theory underlying valuations (the key value driver formula) and how to move between EV and equity value. The course then covers multiple valuations (EBITDA, EBIT, EPS, NAV, DDM and other). The course also reviews DCF valuations, including WACC, OPAT and unlevered FCF. The course also reviews how capital structure adjustments can impact valuations. The course uses a range of case studies to apply these theories to real life situations.
Upcoming start dates
14 June, 2023
25 October, 2023
Module 2: Corporate Valuation – techniques and application
Day 3: Morning
- Introduction to corporate valuations
- Analysing recent trends in corporate valuations
- Enterprise value versus equity value
- Background to corporate valuations
Day 3: Afternoon
Day 4: Morning
Day 4: Afternoon
DCF valuations continued
Day 5: Morning
- The impact of corporate finance transactions and capital structure on valuation
- The impact of corporate finance transactions on valuation
- The impact of capital structure on valuation
Day 5: Afternoon
- The impact of qualitative factors on valuation
- What are the key business risks faced by the firm and are there any mitigating factors?
- Analysis of the sovereign and macro-economic conditions
- Analysis of the industry and market
- Analysis of the company’s specific characteristics
Course fee: £3645 + VAT
Certification / Credits
Module 1 – after completing this Module, Participants will learn:
- how to analyse a firm’s financial statements when undertaking corporate valuations, including how to derive underlying earnings and cashflow
- ratio analysis, including profitability, performance, leverage, liquidity, and returns to firm and equity
- the impact on valuation of debt, financial assets, quasi-debt, provisions, deferred taxes, off balance sheet liabilities and other factors
Module 2 - after completing this Module, Participants will learn:
- valuation fundamentals
- equity and EV multiple valuations
- DCF valuations
- how to apply different valuation techniques
- forecasting techniques, using Excel, to establish valuation ranges
- the impact of capital structure on valuation
- the impact of corporate finance transactions on valuation
- how qualitative factors influence valuations
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...