Become a Powerful NegotiatorStitt Feld Handy Group
Become a Powerful Negotiator
All available course dates
Become a Powerful Negotiator (Public Course)
At this multi-day workshop you will learn how to succeed when negotiating. You will be able to handle even the toughest negotiators. Now available Live Online.
You negotiate every day with customers, suppliers, co-workers, business associates and family. You want results in your negotiations but you don’t want to fall into the destructive patterns that could damage what could be constructive relationships.
You need to make your negotiations effective by figuring out what motivates the other side and knowing when to put an offer on the table. To become a powerful negotiator, you need the skills to handle difficult people and protect yourself from having someone take advantage of you.
How do you get others to “buy-in”? How can you avoid creating long-term problems when you negotiate? How can you avoid being taken advantage of in negotiations without creating an impasse? The negotiation workshop will help you succeed where others fail by giving you practical skills that will work in the real world.
At the three-day Become a Powerful Negotiator Workshop, you will learn how to get results in negotiations. The skills you learn at the workshop are based on the theory of Principled Negotiation. Principled Negotiation as set out in the best-selling book, Getting to Yes, written by Harvard Professor Roger Fisher, William Ury, and Bruce Patton.
Who should attend?
The Become a Powerful Negotiator Workshop is designed for anyone who negotiates at work or at home including: executives, managers, professionals, salespeople, procurement managers, buyers, real estate agents, property managers, entrepreneurs, lawyers, accountants, engineers, health care professionals, educators, customer service representatives, and labour relations specialists.
- Avoid negotiation pitfalls
- Identify your negotiation tendencies
- Take advantage of the assumptions people make in negotiations
- Manage relationships, trust and communication to your benefit
- Use the 7 Elements of Principled Negotiation
- Be creative to get better results
- Decide when you should say yes and when you should walk away
- Determine who should make the first offer and how should it be made
- Prepare for a negotiation in an efficient and structured way
- Negotiate when trying to resolve conflict
- Be more persuasive and still maintain relationships
- Determine which negotiation style is best for you
- Deal with strong emotions
- Deal with difficult people
- Form coalitions in negotiations
- Build alliances and use independent criteria to protect yourself in negotiations
Course delivery details
Practical and Interactive Training
We offer intensive and interactive learning experiences for professionals and executives. You will participate in dynamic exercises and case studies. The concepts and approaches you will learn have proven successful in the real world, and can be applied immediately to your situation.
Virtual Instructor Led Learning Features
- Smaller classes for more interaction with the facilitators
- Breakout sessions to engage with other participants
- Access to videos and handouts for future reference
- Interactive and engaging live virtual sessions
- Canadian Residents: CAN $1,995+tax
- Residents outside of Canada: US $1,600
Certification / Credits
Graduates receive a certificate from the University of Windsor Law School.
- Become more persuasive and get what you want
- Learn the seven elements of negotiation
- Prepare for even the most complex negotiations effectively
- Overcome obstacles in negotiation
- Negotiate with unreasonable people
- Close the gap to get to the deal
- Know when to make the first offer, when to say yes, and when to walk away
- Take control of a negotiation
- Get the best deal
- Create value for your organization by negotiating better deals
- Give your employees the skills and confidence they need to get better results
- Minimize missed opportunities resulting from poor negotiation skills
- Save your organization time and money by resolving conflicts through negotiation rather than grievances, litigation and arbitration
- Optimize problem-solving between employees and departments through skillful negotiation
- Help your organization to achieve more of its goals
- Improve the management of your staff
Why choose SFHGroup?
Over 55,000 people trained
Over 850 customized workshops delivered
University of Windsor Law School Certificate workshops
Stitt Feld Handy Group
Since 1994, more than 55,000 people have attended our public workshops to learn new approaches to resolve conflicts, negotiate better deals, communicate more effectively, improve customer service and build their ability to coach others. We also conduct practical skills-based customized...
Contact this provider
Stitt Feld Handy Group
Average rating 5Based on 7 reviews.
Facilitators were skilled, knowledgeable, interesting and the materials were excellent. The workshop fine-tuned my negotiation skills and gave me tools and guidelines that can be put to practical application. The workshop was informative, effective, far from boring, and fun.
The Live Online workshop exceeded my expectations. It was very active participation, had good insights, and lots of good, practical takeaways.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
I was very pleased with Stitt Feld Handy Group’s negotiation training. In the past I have taken Harvard courses. This is by far superior