Fundamentals of Purchasing for the New Buyer
This fundamentals seminar is taught by leaders in the field who will walk through every step of the purchasing management process, including negotiating and vendor and materials management. Find innovative ways to manage your suppliers so they deliver quality products and services on time and within your budget learn how eProcurement can help you save money and exploit sales opportunities and recognize the impact you have on the financial side of your business.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand today's procurement strategies and techniques
- Identify the core expertise, process knowledge, and interpersonal skills necessary for success as a 21st-century buyer
- Discover the criteria for successful supplier selection
- Manage your supplier relationships to reduce costs, improve quality, and enhance performance
- Understand legal and ethical requirements and issues
- Learn negotiation techniques for a global purchasing environment
Upcoming start dates
17 April, 2024
- New York City
29 April, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
8 May, 2024
Who should attend?
Newcomers who want to learn every facet of their job responsibilities - as well as veteran buyers who want to update their skills.
- The changing role of the buyer in today's organization
- How purchasing adds value to the firm, and profit to the bottom line
- Developing the supply base and supplier relationships
- Designing effective supplier performance measurements
- Making effective procurement decisions through the use of price and cost analysis
- Utilizing value and total cost of ownership concepts to reduce costs
- Tools for enhancing material flow and reducing inventory investment
- Specialized purchasing instruments, master agreements, contracting methods, and e-procurement
- Successful selection and management of service suppliers
- Professional practices and standards of purchasing ethics
- Legal aspects of purchasing: contracts, agency, warranties, and anti-trust laws
- Negotiating skills and tactics for the buyer
Course price for:
- Non Members: $2495
- AMA Members: $2245
Certification / Credits
Average rating 4.7
This was an excellent class and I was impressed with how knowledgeable my teacher was. I really learned a lot .
I think the course was very informative.
I have no negative feedback. Our instructor did an excellent job.
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...