Scenario-based Strategic Thinking: Deepening Wisdom, Reducing Risk
Scenario-based strategic thinking is a highly creative approach which produces a more comprehensive, conservative, risk-spreading strategy capable of guiding business innovation forward in uncertain times. As a methodology of strategic management, it enables you to monitor key indicators in the world so as to determine which scenario is emerging real-time, for which your organization already has the strategy elements to more fully and rapidly respond.
Scenario-based strategic planning is contrasted with “forecast-based planning,” which formulates a business strategy for a single scenario of assumptions – and then “bets” that the forecast and assumptions are correct. Most often, forecast-based planning is a numbers-driven exercise that focuses on traditional business indicators.
By contrast, scenario-based strategic planning takes a more holistic view of what indicators are important, and emphasizes their inter-relationships. This course is a fundamental component of executive education for successfully leading innovation across the entire organization.
- Scenario-based strategic planning is a highly creative and engaging approach which produces a comprehensive, conservative, risk-spreading strategy that is capable of guiding the organization forward in uncertain and complex times
- Scenario-based strategic planning takes a more holistic view of what indicators are important, and emphasizes their inter-relationships
- There are 10 elements for an innovative business model, each supports the art and discipline of innovation
- Include a wide range of stakeholders when developing an organizational strategy that positions you across the complexity and uncertainty of these times
- Increase engagement, stimulate innovative thinking, and make wise, informed decisions about the future
- Develop innovative business models using a 10 element model
- Gain consensus about the urgencies and priorities to drive your organization’s future
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Executives / Leaders / Project Managers / Teams / Professionals
- Approaches to strategy development
- Aligning to the organization’s mission, vision and purpose
- Eight steps in the scenario-based strategic planning process
- Business model elements essential to a successful strategy
- Role of human values, innovative thinking and the innovation process to gain high levels of creativity and engagement
- Types of thinking involved in the strategy process: strategic thinking, innovative thinking and tactical thinking
Course delivery details
The course can be provided by virtual or onsite delivery options.
Consulting is available for Scenario-Based Strategic Planning initiatives.
Contact us for pricing information
Certification / Credits
Scenario-Based Strategic Planning Certification is available.
Average rating 5
Rave reviews for your workshop and presence. The “old-timers” say it was the best strategic planning event ever. The newbies liked it as well. And of course, everyone was charme...
The WISH Foundation utilized the help of Debra and William Miller of Values-Centered Innovation to develop a Mission and Vision for our new organization, and a set of core value...
Contact this provider
Values Centered Innovation Inc.
Since its inception, VCI has been known as the “What’s Next?” provider of programs and assessments for enabling innovation with every person, every job, every day. We balance inner transformation with mastering new competencies, while integrating broadminded mental models, emotional...