Intelligent Risk-Taking: From Vision to Action, a 1- to 2-Day Program
The environment is changing rapidly in many industries right now. To keep up with these changes, organizations are forced to make high-risk decisions. Making these decisions means that organizations must act under conditions where key variables and potential outcomes are unknown. There is the potential for negative outcomes, but the risk is necessary for superior outcomes. Safe, mediocre outcomes are not enough to succeed on the highest level.
Barnes & Conti Associates created Intelligent Risk-Taking™ to provide participants with practical tools and processes to determine their own risk-taking style and compare it to others. Participants will develop ideas for improving their own and their team’s confidence in risk taking and get ideas for influencing others to support their risk-taking efforts.
Who should attend?
This program is intended for individuals and teams whose work involves risk and innovation.
- The Nature of Risk
- Introduction to key definitions and concepts
- Discussion of organizational risk environment
- Risk-Taking Factors and Arenas
- Exercises focused on individual risk experiences, patterns, and preferences
- Influencing others to support risky actions
- Intelligent Risk-Taking Process
- Work with a decision-making process that enables intelligent choices and management of risks associated with entrepreneurship, change, and innovation
- Envision and Choose
- Select a risk opportunity and begin to develop a risk plan
- Risk Perception
- Experiments and discussions to explore and understand the variations in risk perception
- The Economics of Risk
- Exploration and activities associated with costs, benefits, and probabilities
- Assess and Adjust
- Application of "risk economics" concepts to the plan for a specific risk opportunity
- Working with Stakeholders
- In-depth work with tools and concepts for developing support
- The Remaining Steps
- Review of next steps in developing and implementing risk plans
- The Entrepreneurial Organization
- Identification of organizational support and barriers to intelligent risk-taking
- Identification of changes needed and one's own role in influencing those changes
- Key factors in reducing the risks of change
Contact Barnes & Conti for information on price
Certification / Credits
After attending this program, participants will be able to define, describe, and recognize intelligent risk-taking, assess individual and organizational risk-taking styles and their impact on risk decisions, identify factors that block risk-taking or support it in individuals, groups, and organizations, apply an eight-step risk decision model to a real-world situation, and develop an action plan for promoting intelligent risk-taking in their own organization.
Bring Over 30 Years of Expertise to Your Organization with Barnes & Conti Associates
Barnes & Conti Associates believe that a great idea can change the world. That’s why they have spent over 30 years training people in how to have their ideas heard and implemented. They are an organization that excels in leadership...
Find out more about this Intelligent Risk-Taking: From Vision to Action course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team