Intelligent Risk-Taking: From Vision to ActionBarnes & Conti Associates, Inc.
Intelligent Risk-Taking: From Vision to Action, a 1- to 2-Day Program
The environment is changing rapidly in many industries right now. To keep up with these changes, organizations are forced to innovate and make high-risk decisions. Making these decisions means that organizations must act under conditions where key variables and potential outcomes are unknown. There is the potential for negative outcomes, but risk management is necessary for superior outcomes. Safe, mediocre outcomes are not enough to succeed on the highest level.
Barnes & Conti Associates created Intelligent Risk-Taking™ to provide participants with practical tools and processes to determine their own risk-taking style and compare it to others. Participants will develop ideas for improving their own and their team’s confidence in risk-taking and get ideas for influencing others to support their risk-taking and risk management efforts.
Intelligent Risk-Taking: From Vision to Action is available virtually as one of our “Learning Journeys." Fill out the information request form to learn more.
Who should attend?
This program is intended for individuals and teams whose work involves risk and innovation.
The Nature of Risk:
- Introduction to key definitions and concepts
- Discussion of organizational risk environment
Risk-Taking Factors and Arenas:
- Exercises focused on individual risk experiences, patterns, and preferences
- Influencing others to support risky actions
Intelligent Risk-Taking Process:
- Work with a decision-making process that enables intelligent choices and management of risks associated with entrepreneurship, change, and innovation
Envision and Choose:
- Select a risk opportunity and begin to develop a risk plan
- Experiments and discussions to explore and understand the variations in risk perception
The Economics of Risk:
- Exploration and activities associated with costs, benefits, and probabilities
Assess and Adjust:
- Application of "risk economics" concepts to the plan for a specific risk opportunity
Working with Stakeholders:
- In-depth work with tools and concepts for developing support
The Remaining Steps:
- Review of next steps in developing and implementing risk plans
The Entrepreneurial Organization:
- Identification of organizational support and barriers to intelligent risk-taking
- Identification of changes needed and one's own role in influencing those changes
- Key factors in reducing the risks of change
Course delivery details
This workshop can be delivered either in a traditional classroom setting, typically over one or two days for up to 24 participants, or as an interactive Virtual Learning Journey over the course of two or three 2.5 hour sessions. Both include prework, live sessions with skill practice, discussion and feedback, fieldwork and resources for continuous learning and reinforcement. The Learning Journey can be customized to meet the needs and business objectives of your organization.
Contact Barnes & Conti for information on price
Certification / Credits
After attending this program, participants will be able to define, describe, and recognize intelligent risk-taking, assess individual and organizational risk-taking styles and their impact on risk decisions, identify factors that block risk-taking or support it in individuals, groups, and organizations, apply an eight-step risk decision model to a real-world situation, and develop an action plan for promoting intelligent risk-taking in their own organization.
About Barnes & Conti
Bring Over 30 Years of Expertise to Your Organization with Barnes & Conti Associates
Barnes & Conti Associates believe that a great idea can change the world. That’s why they have spent over 30 years training people in how to have their ideas heard and implemented. They are an organization that excels in leadership...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
New York City