Strategic Thinking: Leadership Tools for Planning, Problem-Solving, and Decision-MakingBarnes & Conti Associates, Inc.
Strategic Thinking: Leadership Tools for Planning, Problem-Solving, and Decision-Making
To be innovative and dynamic, organizations must have leaders at every level with skills in critical thinking and problem solving, the foresight to anticipate future issues, and the ability to make excellent decisions based on new and emerging information and take appropriate actions while keeping the organization’s long-term vision and goals in mind. In short, they need leaders with skills in strategic thinking.
Barnes & Conti developed this Strategic Thinking program to help participants develop their skills in strategic thinking. They will learn tools for problem-solving within their own organization. Specifically, using this opportunity as the basis, they learn how to define their challenge and frame the problem, map the territory, identify strategic opportunities including finding leverage points, create and voice a compelling strategic vision, reveal and test assumptions, develop and explore scenarios, generate ideas, and apply critical thinking skills. Participants will leave this program with a specific plan of action that they have tested and with practices that they will be able to use within their teams to encourage strategic, critical thinking
Strategic Thinking: Leadership Tools for Planning, Problem-Solving, and Decision-Making is available in the following delivery formats:
- In-house: 1- to 2-days
- Live webinars: two 2-hour sessions over 1 week
- E-learning: self-paced
- Public Programs: online webinar (see events)
Contact Barnes and Conti Associates to find the option that is best for you.
Who should attend?
This program is suitable for:
- Team members
- Individual contributors whose work has an impact on the organization’s future.
- Introduction and Overview - Establish an appropriate climate for learning and clarify expectations
- Definitions and Positioning - Define and position key concepts
- The Big Picture: Considering the System - Identify and communicate to others key components of your organizational system
- Strategic Thinking Process Model - Identify specific practices which are elements of strategic thinking
- Define the Challenge - Use the process to frame a problem to work on during class
- Map the Territory - Create a mental map of the system surrounding a problem or issue
- Identify Strategic Opportunities - Find leverage points for approaching the problem
- Craft a Strategic Vision - Create and communicate a vision in order to gain others' support
- Uncover and Test Assumptions and Mental Models - Identify and test limiting assumptions
- Develop and Explore Scenarios - Create a basic set of scenarios and identify action steps
- Generate Ideas - Apply one or more creative thinking tools to a problem and harvest useful ideas
- Make Decisions and Take Action - Apply critical thinking skills to alternative options
- Learning and Strategy - Institute organizational processes that collect and communicate learning
- Next Steps and Closing - Present and critique action plans and identify practices that encourage strategic thinking
Course delivery details
This workshop can be delivered either in a traditional classroom setting, typically over one or two days for up to 24 participants, or as an interactive Virtual Learning Journey over the course of two or three 2.5 hour sessions. Both include prework, live sessions with skill practice, discussion and feedback, fieldwork and resources for continuous learning and reinforcement. The Learning Journey can be customized to meet the needs and business objectives of your organization.
Contact Barnes & Conti for information on price.
Certification / Credits
After taking part in this program, participants will be able to define strategic systems, identify current issues that require strategic thinking, and apply strategic thinking tools to an important current issue.
About Barnes & Conti
Bring Over 30 Years of Expertise to Your Organization with Barnes & Conti Associates
Barnes & Conti Associates believe that a great idea can change the world. That’s why they have spent over 30 years training people in how to have their ideas heard and implemented. They are an organization that excels in leadership...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training
Corporate / Group Training