Critical Thinking for Leaders
This Critical Thinking course is one of several Leadership Development courses offered by Chart Learning Solutions. These courses have been created to help executives, managers, supervisors, and emerging employees improve their leadership abilities.
In this course, participants will study five units that will teach them how to employ critical thinking in their leadership role. These are:
- Introduction to Critical Thinking
- Managing Deceptions and Fallacies
- Persuasive Arguments
- Checklists for Rational Decision-Making
- Optimal Understanding: Explanations
See the course content section below for more information about what you will learn in each segment.
This course can be delivered in two formats. Regardless of learning method, participants will be fully supported in their journey by Chart Learning Solutions’ network of partners.
This option includes unlimited access to slide presentations, video lectures, interactive quizzes, and practical exercises. Participants in this course will also become part of a supportive student network.
The blended course options offers a mix of instructor-led and online training. This option is great for those who wish to combine online learning with more traditional classroom instruction.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
These courses are designed for:
- Emerging employees
Introduction to Critical Thinking
- The benefits of critical thinking
- Hazards of non-critical thinking
- Define critical thinking
- Three levels of thinkers
- Ten strategies for critical thinking
Managing Deceptions and Fallacies
- Know the influencers battling for control of your mind
- Avoid emotional and rational fallacies
- Traits and costs of the undisciplined mind
- Become a fair-minded, disciplined thinker
- Arguments used by persuasive critical thinkers
- Four stages of persuasive arguments
- Steps for recognizing and evaluating persuasive arguments
Checklists for Rational Decision-Making
- How rational decision-making improves the quality of life
- Two types of decisions
- Qualities of rational decision-makers
- A checklist for rational thinking using the standards of intellectual thinking
- A checklist using the elements of reasoning
Optimal Understanding: Explanations
- The difference between arguments and explanations
- Four steps to optimal understanding through developing and evaluating explanations
- Develop optimal understanding from organized inquiry
This course includes interactive tutorials, application activities, game quizzes, and final exams. Participants will complete this course with all of the tools necessary for the transfer of knowledge into behaviors that they can immediately put into action.
Request information using the form below for pricing
Why choose Chart Learning Solutions?
Chart Learning Solutions strives to help organizations and individuals apply the skills in their professional development. This ensures that individuals perform at optimal levels of productivity. Our innovative hybrid learning methodology will:
- Increase team and employee engagement
- Provide employee accountability
- Accelerate positive behavioural changes
- Improve skill competencies and levels of professionalism
- Promote positive cultural change
Average rating 5
"I appreciated the personalized attention from the instructors."
"I learned so much more than I expected from this online course."
"The course was presented in a clear and concise manner, which made it easy to follow."
Contact this provider
Chart Learning Solutions
There's no denying that workplace demands are changing. It is essential that we develop, nurture, and continuously evolve our soft skills to make them the most valuable assets in our companies. Our purpose is to successfully change and enhance the...