Critical ThinkingAMA - American Management Association
All available course dates
Feeling overwhelmed? What if you could learn a process for thinking to make better decisions and create better solutions? Learn hands-on techniques to generate breakthrough ideas and solve your most pressing problems. In this course, you’ll discover how to ask the right questions, challenge assumptions, and see others’ viewpoints with clarity.
You’ll learn how to:
- Translate abstract ideas into tangible results
- Evaluate ideas objectively
- Solve problems more effectively
- Make dramatically better decisions
You’ll also receive:
- The My Thinking Styles Assessment, which looks at your thinking style preferences
- A personalized development report with your individual results and areas for development
- An action plan for implementing critical thinking and decision-making skills back at work
- Pre- and post-seminar assessments
- Tune-up materials to review what you’ve learned after the event
- And a toolkit on a flash drive or mobile resource application
How you will benefit:
- Explore real-world examples of why critical thinking is so important in business
- Learn to use critical thinking skills when making business decisions
- Choose the right techniques to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments and draw conclusions
- Discover 7 ways to spot a weak argument
- Know how to translate an abstract idea into something tangible
- Identify 8 barriers to effective critical thinking
- Minimize the impact of job pressures on your thinking processes
- React with curiosity instead of emotion
- Get a roadmap for developing your critical thinking skills
Who should attend?
All business professionals who want to enhance their thinking processes to achieve better results in business.
Note: Before attending this session, you will receive a link to the online "My Thinking Styles" assessment. You must complete the assessment to participate fully in this seminar.
This training course will cover:Recognizing the Value of Using Critical Thinking in Business
- Defining critical thinking
- Characteristics of effective critical thinkers
- The role of critical thinking in meeting business challenges
A Critical Thinking Process
- Using a framework to relate critical thinking to business challenges
- Describing critical thinking using the RED (Recognize assumptions, Evaluate arguments, Draw conclusions) Model
- Positioning the RED Model within a critical thinking framework
Obtaining Feedback on Your Critical Thinking Skills
- Recognizing the value of gaining insight into one’s critical thinking skills
- Relating critical thinking skills to other business skills
- Uses for the "My Thinking Styles" assessment
- "My Thinking Styles" Development Report
- Your personal "Thinking Styles" Development Report
A Context for Critical Thinking
- Identifying personal situations where critical thinking has been and could be used
- Selecting techniques for using critical thinking skills and the RED model
- Relating insight from your "Thinking Styles" report and feedback to a personal critical thinking situation
Applying Critical Thinking Tools and Skills in Business Situations
- Practicing using critical thinking skills and techniques in a real business situation
- Initial action plan for development of critical thinking skills
The course is priced as follows: $2645 - Non-members
$2395 - AMA members
$2268 - GSA price
For over 90 years, American Management Association International (AMA) has been a world leader in professional development. AMA supports the goals of individuals, organizations, and government agencies with a complete range of corporate talent transformation solutions, including public open-enrollment seminars...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...