Harassment Prevention: Sensitivity & Respect as Core Values in the WorkplaceProven Training Solutions
Harassment Prevention: Sensitivity & Respect as Core Values in the Workplace
All available course dates
Harassment Prevention: Sensitivity & Respect as Core Values in the Workplace
Offended people's perception is their reality! We address people's words, tone, actions & behaviors; Improving how they come across to others.
Our common-sensed approach to sensitivity & harassment prevention training is different from other training providers. Instead of delivering what is really just a legally-focused discrimination prevention course and labeling it “sensitivity or harassment prevention training,” we actually identify & address the causes of insensitive, disrespectful or harassing behavior. Yes, we tackle the legal issues because they are important. But, they do little to actually change a manager’s or employee’s behavior or thinking.
We believe the vast majority of people don’t come to work looking to intentionally be insensitive, offensive or disrespectful. Something happens: they get angry; they open their mouth; their brain stops; and quite frankly, they say or do something stupid! We work with the learners to identify their communication and behavior styles – not just from their perspective – but more importantly, from the perception of their managers, employees, colleagues, co-workers & customers. They have to better understand how their actions or communications style may be perceived by others…in many cases, it’s not just what was said…it was how or it was where it was said. In our training, your learners will build action plans to enhance a more respectful and harassment-free workplace. When we are training managers, we especially emphasize they have to understand their responsibilities as role models to their employees and stewards of your organization’s reputation.
The training benefits & deliverables that our course provides are:
- Exceeds all employer training requirements for the new state of New York & New York City harassment prevention laws
- Help reinforce a culture of respect & respectful communication in the organization
- Prevent sexual harassment and hostile work environment harassment or discrimination in the workplace
- Enhance the respectful communication between co-workers, customers and clients
- Reinforce what you can and can't say in the workplace
- Ensure respectful and professional behaviors are exhibited by all employees
- Increase awareness of how communication & behavior styles may be misinterpreted
- Improve productivity by providing a more comfortable & respectful working climate
- Become more aware of your personality and how it may be perceived by others
- Keep the workplace from becoming too informal where respectful boundaries are blurred
- Reduce the exposure to legal claims by documenting sensitivity & harassment prevention training
- Build stronger working relationships through improved communication & understanding
- Decrease turnover due to interpersonal conflicts and/or toxic workplace environment
- Establish the foundation for increased respect and understanding in the workplace
- Become more aware of the negative consequences of certain types of actions and behaviors
- Learn to interact and communicate in a more professional and civil manner
- Reduce the instances of being misunderstood or misrepresented
- Learn communication skills that can prevent harassment or insensitivity before it begins
- Sensitize employee awareness to colleague perceptions and perspectives
- Address the most common causes of insensitivity, harassment and disrespect
- Increase the employee's understanding of their responsibilities and expectations of behavior
- Reinforce your anti-harassment and/or discrimination policies
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Training Course Outline:
I. Reinforce the Need for Sensitivity & Harassment Prevention Communication Skills Training
- Review the realities of sensitivity, harassment and unproductive behavior
- Review and understand anti-harassment laws/guidelines
- Identify the importance of sensitivity awareness training
- Participate in a sensitivity, disrespect & harassment assessment
- Identify the responsibilities of all employees in preventing insensitivity or harassment
- Prevent workplace sexual harassment and hostile work environment harassment/discrimination
- Understand the potential legal liabilities of insensitivity and harassment
- Realize how communication styles can contribute to insensitivity & perceived disrespect
- Identify the most common workplace patterns of insensitivity, harassment or disrespect
- Develop the foundation for a sensitive and inclusive work environment
II. Establish Respect as the Platform for Developing an Inclusive Workplace
- Define what a respectful workplace should look like in your organization
- Identify the advantages of working in a respectful and harassment-free workplace
- Gain an understanding of the right attitudes to create a respectful workplace
- Learn the communication skills to succeed & communicate in a diverse workplace
- Incorporate respect for yourself and others as a core value
- Identify how personalities can contribute to insensitive and disrespectful behavior
- Assess your personality and communication style
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of your personality and communication style
III. Enhance Common-Sensed Workplace Understanding & Awareness
- Communicate and review anti-harassment/discrimination policies and procedures
- Learn the steps necessary to establish the correct workplace environment
- Communicate and work more effectively with different people and personalities
- Understand how communication styles can affect people’s perceptions
- See how humor can be perceived differently
- Overcome the most common stereotypes
- Review courteous & respectful communication in the workplace
IV. Prevent Harassment in the Workplace
- Focus on what employees CAN DO instead of emphasizing what they CAN”T DO
- Push accountability down to the employee in addressing harassment at its lowest level
- Take preventive measures in addressing harassment before it begins
- Recognize why the workplace is becoming too informal and respectful boundaries are being blurred
- Understand managers and influential employees as role models to support workplace change
- Develop action plans to increase sensitivity, respect and awareness
- Develop action plans to reduce and eliminate harassment in the workplace
Proven Training Solutions can provide a quote for this training for your company, please Request Information to find out more.
Certification / Credits
This program addresses proactively preventing harassment & discrimination in the workplace at all levels of an organization. It is also an excellent program to remedy harassment or insensitivity that has already taken place.
Why choose Proven Training Solutions?
30+ Years Experience Delivering Customized On-Site & Virtual Training
National Leader in Sensitivity & Harassment-Prevention Training
Experts in Internal Customer Service
About Proven Training Solutions
Proven Training Solutions - Virtual & On-Site Training
Proven Training Solutions has been a provider of customized virtual & on-site training since 1987. All of our courses can be delivered on-site or through an interactive virtual presentation...this includes all of our management and employee training. All of Proven...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 15 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training
United States of America