Enhancing Sensitivity & Respectful Communication in the Workplace
Our common-sensed approach to sensitivity training is different from other training providers. Instead of delivering what is really just a – legally-focused/legally-centric discrimination prevention course – and labeling it “sensitivity or harassment prevention training”, we actually identify & address the causes of insensitive, disrespectful or harassing behavior. Yes, we tackle the legal issues, but they do little to actually change a person’s behavior or thinking.
We believe the vast majority of people don’t come to work looking to intentionally be insensitive, disrespectful or harassing. In some cases, the workplace might have become too casual or comfortable; the line between personal and professional has become blurred and someone says or does something they shouldn't have. In other cases, something happens: someone becomes emotional; they open their mouth; their brain stops - or maybe it doesn't engage at all; and quite frankly, they say or do something stupid! We work with the learners to identify their communication and behavior styles and to better understand how their words or actions may be perceived (or misperceived) by others…in many cases, it’s not just what was said or done…it was how or it was where it was said. In our training, learners build action plans to improve their part in developing a more respectful and harassment-free workplace. When we are delivering sensitivity training for managers, we emphasize & reinforce the importance of them being role models and stewards of your organization's reputation.
If our common-sensed approach appeals to you, please contact us for more information and pricing.
- Exceeds all employer training requirements for the upcoming state of New York & New York City harassment prevention laws
- Increase understanding and build stronger work relationships
- Create a foundation for increased understanding and respect
- Provide a more comfortable working climate and improve productivity
- Communicate more effectively and professionally
- Reduce misunderstandings and misrepresentations
- Reduce exposure to legal claims
- Handle cultural, religious, general and other differences more comfortably
- Increase people's understanding of their responsibilities and behavior expectations
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all employees, all levels of management & supervision.
This course will cover the following topics:
- All applicable federal and state laws
- Recognize the actions/words/behaviors that are really causing people to claim harassment or discrimination
- Understand the 'gray areas' that can contribute to a "hostile work environment" harassment or discrimination claim
- Recognize that people's perceptions of us influence their reality
- Identify where or how our communication/behavior style may be contributing to a potentially negative perception from employees, co-workers or superiors
- Preventing insensitivity, harassment or disrespectful behavior before it happens
- Increase situational awareness (understanding your audience) proactively - think before you speak or do - what a novel concept!
Proven Training Solutions can provide a quote for this training for your company, please Request Information to find out more.
Proven Training Solutions
Proven Training Solutions has been a provider of customized onsite training since 1987. They offer numerous onsite training courses that range from management to employee training. All of Proven Training Solutions’ courses are presented in a way that engage and...
Find out more about this Sensitivity, Diversity & Respectful Communication Skills course by simply filling out your details:
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team