Automation: Implementation in Business
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from The London School of Economics and Political Science
The LSE Automation: Implementation in Business online certificate course explores the capabilities and applications of emerging service automation technologies and how to effectively and ethically deploy these technologies within your organisation for optimal business value.
Over the course of six weeks, you’ll examine Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Cognitive Automation (CA), and Artificial Intelligence (AI), and how these technologies are changing the way businesses are seeking to increase productivity, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
On this course, you’ll also explore the ethical implications employers face as they prepare for the future of work, and consider how intelligent automation technologies can be applied for social good.
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This LSE course has been designed for business executives and senior managers who are leading or exploring innovation, market competitiveness, automation and digitalisation, and who need a comprehensive understanding of the business potential of automation. It’s relevant to professionals who are already implementing, or wanting to deploy, automation technologies in their organisation. More specifically, managers who are exploring robotic processes will benefit from learning how to implement and sustain RPA in their organisation. Professionals who work in industries that are likely to experience automation will gain comprehensive knowledge of the automation process, as well as practical insight into the opportunities and risks involved.
Prepare your business for automation as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
The service automation landscape
Managing RPA: Becoming strategic
RPA for business: Maintaining momentum
Managing cognitive automation: Technologies and challenges
Taking action on the promise of AI
Service automation and the future of work
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 8-10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Study service automation implementation in business and earn an official certificate of competence from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and couriered to you at no additional cost, upon successful completion of the course, as per stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- The skills to manage service automation technologies and make informed business decisions based on your knowledge.
- An understanding of what these technologies involve, how they are developing, and how they can be strategically employed in your organisation.
- The ability to implement and sustain RPA within your business, and an understanding of the application potential of other automation technologies such as CA and AI.
- The skills to prepare for automation and ethically navigate its deployment with an understanding of its impact on people and the workplace.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...