Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Constructive Debate: Building Better IdeasBarnes & Conti Associates, Inc.
Constructive Debate: Building Agreements that Work, 1-2 Day Workshop
It is far too common in teams that great ideas and unusual solutions are ignored, suppressed, or even attacked. Ideas that are different from the norm or difficult politically are commonly not heard. Many departments have the tendency to defend their turf and choose the safer solution over the better one. Organizations must understand the value of creative innovation. For their employees to develop the best ideas a company needs to encourage creativity and critical thinking and foster clear lines of communication that lead to an overall open climate.
Barnes & Conti Associates created this Constructive Debate™ program to help companies and the individuals within them learn how to establish conditions that foster new ideas, innovation, and discussion and how to eliminate conditions that can prevent useful ideas from getting a hearing and allow the implementation of mediocre ones instead.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for:
- Team members
- Individual contributors
- Anyone whose ideas have an impact on the organization’s ability to innovate and compete.
- Overview and Positioning
- Discussion of organizational climate and needs
- Introduction to key definitions and concepts
- Conditions for Constructive Debate
- Benchmark exercise
- Review of requirements for successful and constructive debate
- Skill Practice: Expressing and Engaging
- Active practice in the skills of dialogue
- The Art of Dialogue
- Summary of dialogue skills
- Transition to debate
- Skill Practice: Exploring and Challenging
- Active practice in the skills of dialogue and debate
- Introduction to Process Tools
- Review of process tools that support constructive debate
- Planning for Constructive Debate
- Introduction of Planning Tools
- Application to a specific upcoming opportunity
- Conducting a Constructive Debate
- Practice and feedback in conducting a constructive debate
- Next Steps and Commitments
- Review of key learnings and follow-up planning
Contact Barnes & Conti for information on price
Bring Over 30 Years of Expertise to Your Organization with Barnes & Conti Associates
Barnes & Conti Associates believe that a great idea can change the world. That’s why they have spent over 30 years training people in how to have their ideas heard and implemented. They are an organization that excels in leadership...
Find out more about this Constructive Debate: Building Better Ideas course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team