In this business analysis course, you will learn how to manage requirements and requirement designs throughout the whole solution development life cycle, using a structured and standardized approach based on latest “Business Analysis Body of Knowledge” (BABOKTM) from IIBATM and various sources from PMITM.
Requirements Life Cycle Management is one of the six knowledge areas identified in BABOKTM and describes the tasks required to manage and maintain requirements and design information from their inception to their retirement. These tasks include establishing and maintaining meaningful traceability between related requirements, designs, and other related elements/components, maintaining requirement attributes/properties, prioritizing requirements, assessing impacts of requirements and/or requirement changes, and gaining consensus and approval on which requirements/designs to implement.
The purpose of requirements life cycle management is to ensure that:
- business, stakeholder, and solution requirements and designs are aligned to one another
- requirements attributes/properties (e.g. status, priority, etc.) are well maintained/tracked, communicated, and understood by all stakeholders
- solution implements requirements/designs that are in-scope and have been approved
- project teams have the required means and information to assess impact of proposed requirements and requirement changes
- targeted requirements/designs are developed and maintained for reuse (within or across projects)
*Please note, if you are taking this class as part of the St. Louis University Certificate requirements, there is a $500 fee to claim your certificate once you have completed ALL requirements.
ASPE is the nation’s leading IT professional development company that specializes in customized, enterprise training solutions. Through our wide range of Subject Matter Experts, strategic partnerships, and our ACT model, we build and deliver solutions to transform your organization with long...
Find out more about this Requirements Management course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team