ITIL Service Transition - In House
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) has become the de-facto best practice standard for the provision of high quality IT services worldwide. It provides guidance to customers of Information Technology services on what they should demand, and for IT organizations the various publications identify what should be provided and how to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
The 3-day ITIL V3 Transition Course is an independent certification and also prepares the candidate for the Managing Across the Lifecycle and ITIL Expert certifications. This course covers Transition processes, common activities, technology, organization, and implementation issues.
You will gain detailed knowledge of the contents of the ITIL V3 Service Transition publication. The lectures and exercises in this class will provide you with both the information that you need and practice in applying the important Service Transition principles. During this course we will explore the details of managing transition in an Information Technology organization. We'll cover Best Practice methodologies aimed at ensuring your understanding all of the principles, processes, and activities necessary to ensure smooth entry of new or changed products into production.
The partner Capability course, Release, Control and Validation, provides more detailed information on the design of Service Transition activities to ensure that they support the overall Service Lifecycle.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The ITIL V3 Service Operation course is appropriate for individuals who:
- Require a detailed understanding of Service Transition principles, Processes, and activities.
- Are working in, or about to enter, an IT Service Transition environment.
- Require a detailed understanding of ITIL Service Transition.
- Are seeking an ITIL Expert certification in order to gain the benefits of ITIL principles throughout their organization.
- Are seeking an ITIL Advanced Level certification.
This qualification is only available to candidates who hold the V3 Foundation or Foundation Bridge Certificate in IT Service Management.
The Lifecycle Phase: Service Transition
- Key Principles in Service Transition
- Organization and Managing Organizational Change
Processes in Service Transition
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- Knowledge Management
- Service Validation & Testing
Wrap Up, Mock and Exam
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills in the following areas:
- Service Transition Principles
- Service Transition Processes and activities
- Service Transition organization and roles
- Technology for Service Transition
- Implementing Service Transition
- Understanding and analyzing Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...