ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization - In House
The 4-day ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization course is an independent certification and prepares the candidate for the Managing Across the Lifecycle and ITIL Expert certifications. You will gain detailed knowledge of selected processes of ITIL V3 Service Design publication including Capacity, Availability, IT Service Continuity, Information Security and Demand Management.
The lectures and exercises in this class will provide you with the information that you need to participate in the design of Services to ensure appropriate level of warranty as established from user’s pattern of business activity.
The partner Lifecycle course, Service Design, provides more detailed information on the design of services especially as it relates to define services and preparing agreements. It also provides information on the creation of contracts and the management of vendors.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The ITIL Intermediate Planning, Protection and Optimization course is appropriate for individuals who:
- Would like a deep understanding of Planning, Protection and Optimization principles and processes.
- Need to understand how services can be designed for the appropriate level of warranty.
- Are working in, or about to enter, an IT Infrastructure environment which has adopted ITIL.
- Will be contributing to Continual Service Improvement in an IT Infrastructure environment.
- Operational staff involved in Capacity Management, Availability Management, ITSCM, Information Security Management, Demand Management, who wish to enhance their role based capabilities.
- Are seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
This qualification is only available to candidates who hold the V3 Foundation or Foundation Bridge Certificate in IT Service Management.
Demonstrated familiarity with Planning, Protection and Optimization in their own business environment is recommended as is experience with the Service Design Processes and Functions.
It is strongly recommended that candidates read the core Service Lifecycle publications before attending this class.
- Key Principles in Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO)
- Metrics and Measurements
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
PPO Process Interfaces PPO Processes
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
PPO Roles and Responsibilities
- Information Security
PPO Technology and Implementation
Wrap up, Mock and Exam
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills in the following areas:
- Service Management Practice.
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within Planning, Protection and Optimization.
- Capacity Management as a capability to realize successful service design.
- Availability Management as a capability to realize successful service design.
- IT Service Continuity Management as a capability to support overall Business Continuity Management.
- Information Security Management as part of the overall corporate governance framework Planning, Protection and Optimization roles and responsibilities.
- Technology and Implementation Considerations.
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...