ITIL Service Design - In House
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) has become the de-facto best practice standard for the provision of high quality IT services worldwide. It provides guidance to customers of Information Technology services on what they should demand, and for IT organizations the various publications identify what should be provided and how to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
The Office of the Government Commerce commissioned a program to review the best practice framework in 2005. The result was the launch of five core books in May 2007, referred to as ITIL V3, for the practice of Service Management in Information Technology.
The 3-day ITIL V3 Service Design course is an independent certification and also prepares the candidate for the Managing Across the Lifecycle and ITIL Expert certifications. This course covers Design principles, processes, common activities, supporting technology, functions and roles, and implementation issues. Of particular interest will be the identification of the Business Value of IT Services.
The course syllabus covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within Service Design, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. Further detail on these processes is provided in the ITIL Release, Control and Validation course.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The main target group includes, but is not limited to CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of design activities.
This qualification is only available to candidates who hold the V3 Foundation or Foundation Bridge Certificate in IT Service Management.
Introduction to Service Design
- Service Management as a practice
- Service Design - purpose, goals, objectives and scope
- Service Design Package contents and usage
- Service Acceptance Criteria contents and usage
- Service Design business value and benefits
Service Design Principles
- Service Design principles and service composition
- Importance and approach to balanced design
- Service requirements, business requirements and drivers
- Design activities and constraints
- Five aspects of Service Design
- Business Service Management (BSM) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles
- Service Design models
Service Design Processes
- Service Catalogue Management
- Service Level Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
Service Design Technology Activities
- Requirements Engineering what, types, management and techniques
- Data and Information Management activities and techniques
- Application Management activities and techniques
Organizing for Service Design
- Functional roles analysis and RACI
- Service Design roles and responsibilities
Service Design Technology, Implementation and Improvement
- Service Design tools and requirements
- Service Design issues regarding Business Impact Analysis, Service Level Requirements and risks
- Six-stage implementation approach
- Measurements through Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- Service Design success and risk factor
Wrap Up, mock and exam
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills at an analytical level in the following areas:
- Service Design principles, concepts, inputs, outputs, and activities
- Service Design processes and management
- Control and coordination of activities and technologies
- Analysis, justification and selection of the implementation approaches, challenges, critical success factors and risks
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks associated with Service Designs
- Justification and control of the organizational and technological issues on Service Design
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...