ITIL Release, Control and Validation - In House
The 4-day ITIL Release, Control and Validation course is an independent certification and also prepares the candidate for the “Managing Across the Lifecycle” and ITIL Expert certifications. All Procept ITSM instructors and courses are certified through the Information Systems Examination Board which provides examinations on the last day of the course.
You will gain detailed knowledge of ITIL Release, Control and Validation processes, roles, techniques, triggers and interfaces - how those practices relate to the full ITIL Service Management Lifecycle.The lectures and exercises in this class will provide you with the information that you need to increase quality and reliability in your IT Service environment, participate in Continual Service Improvement, and use Knowledge Management to provide on-going decision support.
During this class, we will explore the details of managing transitions in an Information Technology organization. We'll discuss and practice Best Practice methodologies for ensuring that all of transition activities contribute to meeting committed Service Levels.
The partner Lifecycle course, Service Transition, provides information the day to day management of Service Transition activities.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
The ITIL Release, Control, and Validation course is appropriate for individuals who:
- Require a deep understanding of Transition Processes.
- Need to understand how ITIL Release, Control and Validation processes can enhance the quality of Service Support within their organization.
- Are working in, or about to enter, an IT Service organization which has, is planning to adopt ITIL best practices.
- Will be contributing to Continual Service Improvement in an IT Service provision environment.
- Are IT Operations staff, engaged in Release, Control and Validation processes.
- Are seeking an ITIL Expert certification in order to gain the benefits of ITIL principles throughout their organization.
- Are seeking an ITIL Advanced Expert certification.
- This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
- This qualification is only available to candidates who hold the V3 Foundation or Foundation Bridge Certificate in IT Service Management.
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and Release, Control and Validations management in their own business environment is required
- Exposure to the Service Transition processes in a Service Provider environment is recommended.
The Lifecycle Phase: Service Transition
- Key Principles in Service Transition
- Organization and Managing Organizational Change
- Implementation Challenges and Critical Success Factors
Processes in Release, Control, and Validation
- Change Management
- Service Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Knowledge Management
- Request Fulfillment (From Service Operation)
- Service Evaluation
Wrap up, Mock and Exam
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain practical skills in the following areas
- A deep understanding of Service Transition Principles and how to apply them to enhance IT Service quality.
- Relationship between Service Lifecycle processes and processes in ITIL Release, Control and Validation
- A deep understanding of the Service Transition Processes and activities.
- Roles and Responsibilities in Service Transition and the place of the Transition processes in the Lifecycle.
- Common Service activities as they relate to Service Transition.
- Application of Continual Service Improvement within Service Transition.
- Change Management as a capability to realize successful service transition
- Service Validation and Testing as a capability to assure the integrity and the quality of service transition
- Service Asset and Configuration Management as a capability to monitor the state of service transition
- Knowledge Management as part of enhancing the on-going management decision support and service delivery capability
- Request Fulfillment and Evaluation to assure meeting committed service level performance
- Release Control and Validation process roles and responsibilities
- Understanding and analyzing Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- Organizational structures, application of ITIL principles, identifying required documentation and measuring effectiveness.
- Service Transition technology and implementation considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated to ITIL Release, Control and
- Prepare for certification examination in ITIL Intermediate Release, Control and Validation.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...