Roadmap to Sustainable Continuous Improvement in Mining and Metal Operations
This course is designed to outline what continuous improvement looks like in the mining and metal industry; similarities and differences to traditional manufacturing improvement. Participants will learn how to approach and utilize highly successful Continuous Improvement principles in a mining and metallurgical environment. Focus of the course will be on breaking down each step required to ensure any Continuous Improvement initiative undertaken leads to a significant and sustainable return. Methodology outlined in this course is currently being utilized by Analyze and Improve at various mining and metallurgical operations, and has resulted in significant returns for each improvement effort over the past decade.
Who should attend?
The course is geared towards Senior Executives, Managers, Leaders, Practicing Engineers, Accountants, Bankers, Analyst, Technical People, and students, as it includes a balance of both theory and practice. Provide fundamentals for business and management practices.
CEOs and senior executives: The course will firmly establish a path on how to build an improvement strategy as well as associated perquisites and enablers required to drive the change.
Middle management and front-line supervisors: They will learn how to create an improvement roadmap and then execute a plan to drive sustainable improvement.
Technical and functional departments: A better understanding of what is required for different types of improvement and how to implement them.
Analysts, accountants, bankers, consultants, etc.: The course will help them understand the pitfalls of rushing improvement initiatives without properly developing an improvement plan, and to better serve mining companies and their investors.
Separate and distinct modules will include:
- Continuous Improvement and hesitancy to accept it in mining industry – This section will cover the background of Continuous Improvement in general highlighting its basic principles as well as tools used historically.
- Factors that make Continuous Improvement a necessity – This section will dive into the factors which either directly or indirectly negatively impact the performance of any given system be it mining or others.
- Prerequisites to an Improvement Roadmap – A detail of what information, how to get and process it, will be detailed in this section.
- Building an Improvement Strategy – In this section, a participant would learn how to start putting the principles and components discussed earlier towards a strategic improvement plan.
- Building an Improvement Plan – Last step of putting all the pieces together will be discussed in this section. Learnings would include step by step planning of each improvement step required to get the most out of any continuous improvement initiative.
- Roadmap to Sustainable Improvement – A Mine-Metallurgical Mill Case Study
Course delivery details
To build an understanding of the steps required to ensure proper implementation of Continuous Improvement initiatives, which will lead to a significant and sustainable return.
Delivery and examples customized for the audience.
The course is designed as a 2 day offering (1.5 days teaching and 0.5 days coaching).
$1,695 CAD per person + 13% GST.
Certification / Credits
Roadmap to Sustainable Continuous Improvement Certificate, for the Mining and Metallurgical community.
Why choose A+I?
Courses taught by experienced industry professionals
Instructors with proven experience applying the topics in the real world
Since our start in 2014, we have provided Teaching, Coaching and Project support to over 30 companies
Analyze and Improve Inc.
The name of our company says it all – we analyze problems and opportunities, improve on the present state and drive towards accelerated results. Our company philosophy is "Stability before Capability and only then Capital". Since our inception in 2014,...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...