Seismic for Unconventional Reservoirs - SUR - Virtual, Blended Short course
This short course is a blend of self-paced online modules, virtual instructor-led lectures, problem assignments, virtual instructor-led problem debriefs with real-world application examples and knowledge sharing.
Over two days, this course includes approximately 2 hours of virtual, instructor-led training, plus 1 hour of e-Learning.
This PetroAcademy short course is designed to familiarize anyone using seismic data with how seismic data is used to explore and develop unconventional reservoirs. One of the key goals is to explain the large and confusing amount of jargon that is used by the geophysical community when they use seismic data.
This short course is part of our Basic Geophysics (BGP) program.
Who should attend?
Geoscientists, engineers, team leaders, geoscience technicians, asset managers, and anyone involved in using seismic data that needs to understand and use this data at a basic level or to communicate with others that use it.
- Seismic Unconventional Reservoirs
- Unconventional Rock Physics
- Microseismic Recording and Monitoring
- Instructor Debrief / Problems
- Post-course assessment
Certification / Credits
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify rock physics for shale reservoirs
- Describe seismic analysis for unconventional reservoirs
- Describe microseismic, including surface and subsurface recording arrays
- Describe source (event) recording and location detection
- Describe three component recording
- Identify the role of Hodograms in source orientation
- Identify the importance of microseismic monitoring in different stress areas
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...