Principles of Geophysics - PRG - Virtual, Blended Short CoursePetroSkills
Principles of Geophysics - PRG - Virtual, Blended Short Course
This short course is a blend of self-paced online modules, virtual instructor-led lectures, problem assignments, virtual instructor-led problem debriefs with real-world application examples and knowledge sharing.
Over four days, this course includes approximately 4 hours of virtual, instructor-led training, plus 7 hours of e-Learning.
This short course is designed to familiarize anyone using seismic data with the fundamentals of seismic data. One of the key goals is to explain the large and confusing amount of jargon that is used by the geophysical community when they use seismic data.
This short course is part of our Basic Geophysics (BGP) program.
Who should attend?
Geoscientists, engineers, team leaders, geoscience technicians, asset managers, and anyone involved in using seismic data that needs to understand and use this data at a basic level or to communicate with others that use it.
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify a seismic image
- Explain how a seismic image relates to geology
- Describe how a seismic image is formed
- Identify how a seismic image is displayed
- Differentiate between time and depth
- Describe the lithology and how it relates to the seismic image
- Relate the logs to the seismic data
- Identify the effect of pore filling material on velocity and density
- Identify why the vertical resolution of the seismic data is a critical issue
- Explain how the resolution is controlled by the propagating wavelet that is generated by the acquisition parameters
- Identify the recorded wavelet and its phase
- Describe the data display polarity and display conventions
- The velocity family, the relationship between depth and time
- Well velocities
- Vertical seismic profiles (VSPs)
- Overpressure and seismic velocities
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team