Seismic Inversion and Attributes - SIA - Virtual, Blended Short Course
This short course is a blend of self-paced online modules, virtual instructor-led lectures, problem assignments, virtual instructor-led problem debriefs with real-world application examples and knowledge sharing.
Over two days, this course includes approximately 2 hours of virtual, instructor-led training, plus 4 hours of e-Learning. See full schedule
This PetroAcademy short course is designed to familiarize anyone using seismic data with the principles of Inversion and attributes and how they are used in an interpretation. One of the key goals is to explain the large and confusing amount of jargon that is used by the geophysical community when they use seismic data.
This short course is part of our Basic Geophysics (BGP) program.
Who should attend?
Geoscientists, engineers, team leaders, geoscience technicians, asset managers, and anyone involved in using seismic data that needs to understand and use this data at a basic level or to communicate with others that use it.
- Seismic Inversion
- Relative and Absolute Impedance in Seismic Inversion
- Inversion Algorithms
- Spectral Decomposition and Spectral Notching
- Attenuation, Q, and Hilbert Transform
- Multi-Trace Attributes
- Self-Organizing Maps
- Additional Considerations for Attributes
- Instructor Debrief / Problems
Optional e-Learning Content:
- Seismic Attributes for Prospect Identification and Reservoir Characterization
- Prestack Geometric Attributes
- Log Input for Rock Physics
- Seismic Inversion
- Acoustic Impedance Inversion
- Attributes Workflow
- Spectral Decomposition and Wavelet Transforms
- Seismic Processing Basics
Certification / Credits
Participants will learn how to:
- Explain the seismic inversion processes, both forward and inverse
- Identify relative and absolute impedance in seismic inversion
- Identify the inversion algorithms and their application
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team